1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

5hour Layover At Lhr (london), What Can Be Done?

Discussion in 'Europe' started by krnd, May 11, 2016.

1. krnd

krnd New Member

This summer I'm having a 5 hour layover at LHR and was wondering if I should stay in there or is it enough time to head outside the airport itself?

It would also be incredibly useful if anyone has purchased jewelry or other goods at the heathrow airport, I'd love to buy some for my girlfriend but I'm a little bit on the fence due to misinformation on whether the prices include VAT or not.

Thanks in advice for any information provided!

2. Corzhens

Corzhens Active Member

When my husband went to London, he arrived in Gatwick. But since Heathrow was very popular - especially that time there was the Concorde plane which flies at 2.2 mach - he went to Heathrow just for curiosity. Although it was a long time ago, that was 1986, my husband said that the duty free has an array of cheap items. Unfortunately, he was not able to buy because the requirement was a week of arrival at least. Maybe now, it it worth taking selfies in the airport because from what I heard Heathrow had been remodelled with modern architectural design.