1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alternative Healing In The Philippines

Discussion in 'Asia' started by Corzhens, May 2, 2016.

1. Corzhens

Corzhens Active Member

The so called faith healers abound in the Philippines that in the 1980s, our country was a mecca for foreigners who were seeking alternative medicine. The faith healers treat their patients with bare hands only and with prayers, of course. And what's good is that the patient need not believe. Alex Orbito, the president of their healing organization, has been famous in Russia while Jun Labo was popular in Japan. In fact, Jun Labo's wife is a Japanese and he even became mayor of Baguio City.

From the testimonies of the foreigners who got healed of cancer and other dreaded diseases, the Filipino faith healers were promoted abroad.

2. ellajanelle

ellajanelle Member

There is also a type of surgery which is unique to the Philippines and it's called Bare-Hand Psychic Surgery. Unlike other faith healers, Filipino psychic surgeons use their bare hands to perform surgery. I only know one famous psychic surgeon and faith healer. Brother Jun Santos. His story started when he met an accident and was paralyzed for a year. Then when he saw a girl fall down from a tree, he immediately went to her and healed her by inserting his hand in the girl's body and she was healed. It seems really impossible but there's also no proof that this is not a true story. Faith healers usually have spirit guides, Bro. Jun's guide was Jesus himself.

3. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Active Member

I'm more than just skeptical about all of these things. The stories are definitely intersting but I believe they are just that, stories.

4. djordjem87

djordjem87 Member

Well, I wouldn't say these are all stories. The very fact we do not believe in something it really doesn't mean that is not possible. It may look as an impossible thing to do but this is all due to our small minded thinking. I am not excluding anyone here. It is just like that. We were thought that ghost aren't real so if we see ghost we would rather go to a mental institution to treat ourselves than to believe our eyes and that we actually have seen something.
    A lot of these treatments by faith are due to placebo effect but I believe that some people do have energy. I mean, we all have energy. Energy is everything actually so it wouldn't be strange that a paradox happens, or some anomaly in already common set energy that we know and some people have these powers.
    Just imagine that we coul raise from the dead some person from 1800s and show him a mobile phone. What would he think and how would he respond?

5. Corzhens

Corzhens Active Member

Those faith healings have persisted because of the testimonies of the healed patients. Most of the foreigner patients serve as proof of the healings that's why some faith healers got known in other countries. As one patient said, doctors have given up on her case since stage 4 cancer is hopeless already. When she got cured, she promised to be the living testimony. Science has yet to prove or disprove faith healing but the number of people healed cannot be denied.

By the way, there is a priest healer named Father Fernando Suarez, a Catholic priest based in Canada and is now in the Philippines for his healing ministry.

6. Coco

Coco Active Member

Yes, faith healing is quite popular here in my country. Here's a few of the famous faith healers and where they are located:
    • Esther Bravo. Address is at: #537 Nagkayasan Sur. Urdaneta City, Pangasinan 2428. Resides in: Temple of God of Espiritista Christiana, Inc. It's best to go directly to this address because she doesn't answer her phone and she doesn't have email.
    • Arsenia Dela Cruz. Address is at: 45 San Roque Village, Baguio City, Philippines, 2600. She is actually a daughter of another faith healer Eleuterio Terte.
    • Rome Leonen. Address is at: Ilocos Sur, La Union, I'm not sure where it is exactly. He is a psychic surgeon and at the same time, a pranic healer.
    It's important to understand that faith healers don't guarantee that you will be healed through them. You will need still lots of spiritual guide and faith in God to be able to fully experience complete healing. And of course, as much as possible, it's important to consult a doctor still and explore all possible treatment options for your condition. Faith healing is just another option, if science and medicine cannot help you anymore.

7. maxen57

maxen57 Member

I don't know about faith healing although there's still some who put their belief in this for being financially burdened with a sick family member. I've seen a feature on a television show once about a gathering of healers where they heal for free because asking for payment will diminish their abilities. I suppose if they are worth traveling miles and miles for, people will indeed come to see them. However, there had always been alternative medicine in Asian culture. My dad is receiving therapy from a reflexologist who massages my dad and is able to tell where he's ailing.