1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amazon Tour

Discussion in 'South America' started by Corzhens, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Corzhens

Corzhens Active Member

Is there anyone here who is interested in a tour of the Amazon jungle? I have posted this thread in relation to the documentary in one travel channel I saw. That there is plenty of natural food in the Amazon and if what I saw was true, even the deadly piranha fish is edible and the tribes there eat those deadly fish. And they have the biggest snake which is the Anaconda which I also think that some tribes feed on. Well, I guess the Amazon tour is for the ultra adventurer because you will be treated to unusual places, sleep in dangerous locations and be served with bizarre food.

2. Miya

Miya Active Member

I feel like this would be an amazing experience, but I personally wouldn't do it. I'm not a very outdoor person so this wouldn't be suitable for me. I can't imagine myself surviving an Amazon tour LOL

3. Valentino

Valentino Member

I've always wanted to explore part of the Amazon rainforest.

I wouldn't go too deep in the the jungle but sail up and down the river — that is something I intend to do as soon as I have saved enough money for it. To be honest I'd feel safer on a cruise expensive though it might be.

4. Ava

Ava Member

One day I would like to explore, but I get bitten by bugs easily so that has put me off. I have been trekking in the jungles in Thailand and that was hard work, but worth it. I still need to work on my 'roughing it' skills as you have to get over the fact that there won't be showers and hotels.

My practical skills are still in their infancy, but these kinds of trips have to be well planned and you have to prepare yourself physically and mentally.