1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Travel Tips For Someone Traveling To Prague

Discussion in 'Europe' started by sararas, May 14, 2016.

1. sararas

sararas Member

My brother will be visiting Prague in a couple of months. Primarily, he'll be there to attend a conference for work. He'll just be there for 10 days. I wonder if anyone has some tips on how he could make the most of his travel there. So, basically the free time would mostly be nights as the days are scheduled for the lectures. What are the must-do and must try there. Who knows he can find an extra/free time from the conference.
    TIA :)

2. djordjem87

djordjem87 Member

Prague is my favourite city to this date and I was there as a teenager but I was 17 and I was mature enough to realize I have a lot to see there. However, even though we saw a lot of the fun stuff and historically, artistically and culturally. We also made a mistake and went to a beer house every night. Now, I say we as my friends from school and when I say a mistake a mean a decision because a mistake can be that first time. :) So, our professors had a lot trouble with us and we are the Serbs, Slavic people and we like to make friends, drink, get drunk, get in a fight and then make peace with everybody and hug with those we fought. It's a Slavic thing. Luckily for us, they are of similar descend. So, try to avoid Slavic people if you can. At least in the beer places, pubs ... Whatever they call the place.

3. sararas

sararas Member

Wow! This is a very raw advice. I appreciate the sincerity and honesty in sharing what other people could mistake as a bad thing. It's so brave of you to mention about the errors of your younger years. Not too many people will admit to that, most of all in a public forum. So, I truly appreciate it. I sure would pass this along to my brother, should everything fall in place and makes the trip to Prague by July, God-willing. Hopefully, he wouldn't be in the same trouble, else he gets deported for unruly behavior.