1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bangkok's Open Zoo

Discussion in 'Asia' started by Corzhens, Apr 24, 2016.

1. Corzhens

Corzhens Active Member

I didn't expect to see so many animals in the open zoo of Bangkok. We also have that savannah in Subic, Philippines, where you take a screened vehicle to see the lion and tiger up close. But this open zoo is like being in Africa with a multitude of herds. There were hundreds of birds and even the giraffe may be more than a hundred. The trip was worth the cost and we aim to go back to that open zoo when we have another trip to Bangkok.

It's just sad that I cannot upload the pics.

2. Coco

Coco Active Member

Here's a few that I found:

00023201_7FTERv0_original.
    [/INDENT]
    This is an open zoo, like you said, where visitors ride a vehicle to see the whole park. In the park, there are giraffes, deers, elephants and tigers. There are also shows that you can watch where animals are trained. A trip to Bangkok isn't complete without visiting the Safari World just because it's one of a kind. It's the only place where you can get super close to wild animals and see them in their natural habitat. At least as natural as reserves can be anyway! Plus, there's a variety of animals in the park, as compared to our local Safari park.

There's also restaurants and fast food chains inside the park so you don't need to worry about food. You also don't need to worry about your safety because there's a first aid facility within the park. If ever you're going to bring your children with you, there are also stroller rentals inside the park.

3. ellajanelle

ellajanelle Member

Now that's a real zoo! I always feel so sad whenever I see animals caged in zoos. This one, though, is great because it's the other way around. LOL. Anyway, I love how the animals are set free to roam around and interact with humans in the most natural way possible. I've only been to Subic here in the Philippines and it was such an adventure to be inside a cage while tigers and lions roared right in front of you! It's an unforgettable experience :)

4. djordjem87

djordjem87 Member

I really hate zoos because I love animals and I rarely see a really happy animal in a zoo and I went only once but I see then on TV and I do not like what I see. This is a good solution and It is not still perfect because perfect would mean to leave them alone all together but we won't do it of course because we like to watch the showcase of our intelligence. We like to control everything but that is another story completely. I guess this is unique in the world but maybe I am wrong. Anyway, it is probably very interesting for tourists and it brings a lot of cash.