1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beach Resorts in Kenya

Discussion in 'Africa' started by WackyTraveller, Nov 3, 2014.

1. WackyTraveller

WackyTraveller New Member

Kenya is a place I want to visit and I would like to visit the beach in Mombasa as well. I am thinking of spending around 4-5 days at a beach resort in Mombasa but I need help as my budget is low, so need help from people who have been to Mombasa to which beach resort is the best and affordable in Mombasa.

2. integrity101

integrity101 New Member

There are wonderful hotels near Bamburi Beach in Mombasa providing affordable accommodation of around $30 per night. These are classy establishments with all the amenities you are used to at home. You may also choose to stay at one of the cozy hotels in Diani Beach in the south and explore the rich culture of the coastal people of Kenya.

3. maxen57

maxen57 Member

I was amazed when I saw how gorgeous the resorts in Kenya were in the photos. The landscaping is amazing and they all look luxurious. Southern Palms Beach Resort, Diani Reef Beach Resort and Spa, Temple Point Resort and Salama Beach Resort were among my favorites. Maybe a few days would be very relaxing. And I've heard rates in Africa are quite low.

4. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Active Member

I've been to a beach resort in Mombasa a couple of times... can't remember the name of it though! Good weather, close to the beach, good service... if that's your kind of vacation then go for it. Some recent insecurity in the country though so at least back when I went last time (January 2015) the place was pretty empty.

5. Coco

Coco Active Member

Mombasa is actually Kenya's main tourist destination. What makes it quite different is that it has a tropical climate, all-year round. Here's a few affordable resorts in Mombasa:
    • Tulia Backpackers. It is located 10 minutes away from the city centre of Mombasa. From this resort, the beach is just a four-minute walk away. And it is a mere five-minute walk from the shops, public transportation and restaurants. Its main guests are backpackers, but there are also accommodations for non-backpackers. There's a swimming pool, WI-FI, kitchen facilities and other amenities.
    • Traveller's Beach Hotel and Club. Basically, this is an all inclusive resort which is why lots of tourists love this. Basic rooms have A/C along with television and telephone. More expensive rooms have captivating views of the ocean. There are three swimming pools and the resort is complete with amenities as well.
    • Voyager Beach Resort. This actually overlooks the Nyali Beach. What is great about this place is that it has lots to offer, from a salon, to a children's club... You won't need to leave the resort to enjoy your stay in Kenya.
    I hope this helps! Enjoy your trip!

6. Corzhens

Corzhens Active Member

Truly, this site is a bag of knowledge because I am learning so much with the places I read here. With the mere mention of Kenya, what comes into mind are the animals in the Serengeti Plains and the dry savannah. I didn't know that Kenya has nice beaches. In fact, I thought it is a landlocked country that's why when there is a drought, animals die from lack of water. Now I have to remember that - Mombasa and its beach resorts and good but cheap hotels. That $30 a night is already a bargain because in Manila, the standard is $100 per night for a 3-star hotel.

7. Francis

Francis New Member

The Baobab Holiday Resort is a fantastic beach resort in Mombasa. It is a luxurious inexpensive resort loved by many holiday makers. One can spend as little as $60 per night after enjoying a gold chopsticks Chinese dinner. They offer room service when you don't feel like visiting the restaurant. They also have a bar and a swimming pool.

8. tgthewriter1

tgthewriter1 New Member

The beach is always a good place to visit. I think the beach is a nice place to forget about your problems. everybody should go somewhere once to forget about their problems.