1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best European Festival

Discussion in 'Europe' started by vinaya, Oct 3, 2015.

1. vinaya

vinaya Member

Some of the European festivals that has fascinated me are:

The Edinburgh Fringe Festival

Carnival of Venice, Italy

The Edinburgh Fringe Festival is considered the world's largest festival of the arts where poets, writers, musicians, theater artists, performers and those interested in these genres of arts visit.

Carnival of Venice has also fascinated me because of the Carnival of Venice colorful costumes, carnival of Venice couple, and the Carnival of Venice striped.

2. Sissi Beau

Sissi Beau New Member

If you are speaking of fun events I have to bring up Oktoberfest! It's held in Germany and it's simply a festival where the theme is beer. It has more than just beer - you can hear some folk music, people dress in the traditional way and you get to eat good food (german sausages are so good) and see some cool performances. But I wouldn't recommend it if you don't like to drink. Or at least if you don't like to see drunk people acting funny.

3. djordjem87

djordjem87 Member

I haven't really been to festivals around the Europe. I only went to some Malta Music Festival. Earth day or something like that, I cannot remember really. Here in Serbia we actually have a big festival that attracts many people around Europe and many famous performers as well. Musicians and bands like Bastille, Ellie Goulding, Hurts, The Prodigy and many more are going to perform this year in Novi Sad. The name of the festival is Exit.

4. Catchmeifyoucan

Catchmeifyoucan New Member

I've heard that the Cannes film festival is one of the cooler things to check out. I'd like to do the running of the bulls some time. Well maybe not actually run with them, but watch from afar haha.