1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bollywood Casting

Discussion in 'Asia' started by omgidk, May 15, 2016.

1. omgidk

omgidk New Member

I've heard several stories about how tourists get cast on the street as extras for Bollywood movies. Taking part in something as exciting as a Bollywood movie must be an unforgettable experience! Part of the reason I want to visit Mumbai is to see if anyone would cast me as an extra. What do you guys think?
    Has this happened to anyone here? What was it like?

2. Corzhens

Corzhens Active Member

My husband is connected with an organization in the movie industry. He actually has that proposal to the Film Academy of the Philippines to launch a sort of film tourism where foreign tourists will be cast in indie films. That would be a great attraction because knowing people, majority want to be in the limelight. What's in the proposal was like a contest where one can like the Facebook page to join and when his name is picked out then he can come to the country and be given a minor supporting role in a movie.

With Bollywood, I think they can easily do that since they are producing more than a thousand films in a year.

3. Valerie

Valerie Active Member

I've heard of this myself, so it's certainly possible! I too think that would be an incredible experience to randomly work as a movie extra.
    If you go to Mumbai, judging by your avatar, I'm fairly certain you'd be scouted. Hang out around film city, where there's more than 300 acres dedicated to film making and 20 indoor studios.
    There's actually also relatively cheap guided tours (you can look it up on Google as Film City Mumbai Tours or check out Go India) that take you through the most heavily scouted areas. I mean, if you get a role, you're probably going to get some kind of compensation, so the price of the tour would be worth it.

4. djordjem87

djordjem87 Member

I love everything about India. Really, the food, the people, the places ... Everything is great. The only thing I do not like is Bollywood and music in India. Music I can digest but movies are terrible if you ask me or TV shows. It doesn't really matter. I think I would not be able to be an extra there :). it would be hard for me but I know that they shoot a lot of movies and TV shows so I guess they really need everything they can find.