1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Branson, Missouri

Discussion in 'North America' started by Aimee P, May 17, 2016.

1. Aimee P

Aimee P New Member

My husband and I decided to go on a little trip to Branson, Missouri last week and we arrived home yesterday. We had a really good time and enjoyed the beautiful scenery on the drive there. We ventured into the city and explored some. We also visited Ripley's Believe it or Not and we rode some g0-carts. They are building a very very large ferris wheel. There is absolutely no way I would ride on it but it would be a super nice view. I am far too afraid to ride it though.

Have you ever been to Branson, Missouri or have you ever wanted to go? It is a nice place but it is a typical tourist spot and it is very pricey on most things. But honestly when it comes to vacation you kind of tend to spend the money you saved and worked so hard for in order to enjoy yourself.

2. Corzhens

Corzhens Active Member

I'm sure my husband would like that Ripley's Believe It Or Not museum. There used to be one here in Metro Manila a long time ago where we first saw a hologram. And they have a bridge that would make you very dizzy if you wouldn't hold on the rails. But that museum is now gone in favor of a big restaurant. It looks like this Branson city (or town) you are talking about has a them park like Disneyland? Unfortunately, my husband's siblings are in California and Las Vegas, Nevada. I guess Missouri is far from those states. But who knows? We are travelers and that is enough to have a chance of visiting Missouri someday.

Aimee P likes this.
  3. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

I've been and I really liked it too! A friend and I went to the Dolly Parton show in Branson called Dixie Stampede - it was so much fun! Recommend it. We also went to Silver Dollar City there which was a fun amusement park too. I do agree that it is pretty pricey but like you said, most touristy places tend to capitalize on that and charge more than other places.

I think that whole area around the Ozarks is just beautiful, too - it makes for a nice getaway spot. Missouri is probably an area people don't think of as a touristy spot unless they're from the Midwest (I went because my friend lives in Kansas City!) but I think it's a great place to getaway to!

Aimee P likes this.
  4. maxen57

maxen57 Member

Looks like Branson has everything from festivals to shopping destinations to theme parks to nature trips. It is a show-me state that covers a lot of tourist attractions that would definitely not leave you bored of the place. I would definitely like to live in a place like this where there are lots to see and to do so that every day after work would be a possible adventure. Your attention could focus on city attractions then to kayaking or fishing the next day. The shows would remind me of something like in Vegas too.

Aimee P likes this.
  5. Aimee P

Aimee P New Member

Yes this Ripleys has the hologram and a bridge thing that makes you super dizzy if you aren't holding on to it too. I guess they are all basically the same and they probably update every few years or so. Its a shame that a big restaurant took the place of Ripleys.

It would be a nice thing if you and your husband could make your way to Branson, Missouri. There is a theme park there called Silver Dollar City and it is so much fun. We did not go there due to lack of funds but next time we are definitely going to go. I love riding rides. I'm a big kid at heart. I hope you and he get to go as you would really enjoy yourselves.

Corzhens likes this.
  6. Aimee P

Aimee P New Member

Oh yes! Dixie Stampede is a lot of fun. How did you like the little chickens that were served as a meal? I guess they still do that. It has been many years since I've been to Dixie Stampede. I wanted to go this time but not enough funds. Maybe on the next trip we take. It definitely is a beautiful area. I love it a lot and being from the Midwest it really makes me appreciate it that much more as it is only about 4 hours from our home.

7. Corzhens

Corzhens Active Member

Speaking of rides, that was some 3 years ago when we brought the kids along to Hongkong. In the theme park called Ocean Park, there was this crazy roller coaster that would really drive you crazy. I didn't know about it but I took the ride because the kids (teenagers actually) had pulled me to the counter. There was a portion where the roller coaster was so slanted and the view down below was the sea. It was one of the scariest ride I ever had.. and wouldn't forget. So now I have to admit that I am not much for the rides although in our latest trip, I took the elephant ride in Bangkok.