1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camping In The Northwest

Discussion in 'North America' started by Lynk, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Lynk

Lynk Member

I'm an Oregon native and I grew up going camping on weekends quite frequently. There are so many amazing campgrounds within walking distance to the beach, I loved it! I'm looking to get back into camping and maybe travel a bit farther. Any recommendations of areas to look into in either Washington or Northern California?

2. Corzhens

Corzhens Active Member

It looks like you have a paradise there with the camping area nearby the beach. Camping is such a nice activity for families to bond. It's very relaxing to sleep in tents although I don't relish the cold temperature at night. But with the beach, I don't think there's time to be bored.

3. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

The first place I immediately thought of was the Redwoods National Park! We used to go there when I was a kid - as a SoCal native I guess you could say it was our families way of embracing the wilderness!

http://www.visitcalifornia.com/attraction/camping-redwoods

Maybe that link can give you some pointers! :)

4. I personally have only been to Yosemite. It was great though, the trees there are so massive, I imagine it's what ants feel like compared to grass. I went with my family and we went river rafting which is really fun. I would go in the warmer months, the trees give you plenty of shade. We went in September and it rained have the days we were there. It has little cabins for you to rent, which is what we did, or you can put up a tent. Either way, there are plenty of options and it's really fun. The waterfalls were beautiful too so don't forget your camera, memory cards, and batteries.