1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Christmas Markets In Europe

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Ava, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Ava

Ava Member

The run up to Christmas is upon us and soon many towns and cities will have semi-permanent Christmas Markets cropping up in the next couple of weeks with a variety of gifts to buy, and seasonal foods. It's a great time to visit as the markets will be colorful and many will also have a funfair too to attract visitors.

It's a great day out, and many people use it as a weekend break in all European cities. London has a huge one, and smaller ones attached to other markets such as Spitafields, and all German towns will have some too. If you are planning a visit to Europe, look out for them as they are a great way to absorb the culture and get unique gifts.

2. Corzhens

Corzhens Active Member

I am always dreaming of experiencing Christmas in the US and in Europe. Our orientation is a foreign Christmas. We grew up with English Christmas carols and foreign decorations like the Christmas tree and the mistletoe which are alien to us but we embraced them as per the tradition. For me, it is big deal to hear carolers singing original English carols and seeing them in their native attire. And the best element that set the atmosphere for Christmas in Europe and America is the cold climate and maybe the snow. I am willing to brave the snow just for Christmas Day.

3. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

This is something I would really love doing. I have a couple friends whose husbands are working in Germany and they said that one of their favorite things to do around the Christmas season is go to those markets! I love night markets, I find them to be so much fun - but I've never been to a Christmas market before! So I think it's something I would really enjoy.

4. reverserewind

reverserewind Member

I'd like to go to Italy some day during the Christmas week. It's gonna be a lot of fun. They know how to celebrate Christmas and create the beauty out of that.