1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clarke Quay Singapore

Discussion in 'Asia' started by amelia88, Jun 21, 2016.

1. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

image.

This area of Singapore is pretty neat - by the river and there's a lot of cool looking restaurants and bars. It seemed very hip and happening when I got a bite to eat there for dinner!

It's close to where I am staying - for those of you who have been to Singapore do you have any good eateries that you'd recommend in the area?

2. Corzhens

Corzhens Active Member

Yeah, I had been there although we did not dine in the restaurants by the river because they are expensive, way above our budget. We took the river cruise just to see what they have in Clark Quay. Actually, when my husband went to attend a week-long seminar in Singapore, he was booked in the classy Park Hotel which is in Clark Quay. That's why when we went there on the following year, we took that boat ride so he could show me the beauty of the riverbanks. He said that's where he would stroll in the morning after an early breakfast before leaving for the seminar venue.

You could have taken more pictures especially of the bridge.

amelia88 likes this.
  3. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

When I went there it was dark and I only have my iPhone with me, I didn't bring a big camera just because it's something else to lug around. Hopefully I'll get a chance to go back there before I leave. I've really found that everywhere seems expensive except the hawker stands. Even the supermarkets here seem very expensive for basic food items compared to what I am used to :(

Corzhens likes this.
  4. Valerie

Valerie Active Member

Ah, that seems like a really cool place! I love anything on the water. Looks like the kind of area that gets lots of live entertainment too! Judging by previous posts and what I learned from a friend living in Singapore, it's quite expensive there, yes? I find that kind of surprising, actually.

amelia88 likes this.
  5. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

Super expensive in my opinion. I think a part of it being expensive is the fact that so many people seem to be here for work in expensive jobs (lots of international finance-y executive type things, it seems...) and I'm sure that probably drives the price of things up. A strong economy too...