1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coastal drive to Sydney

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Sammy, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Sammy

Sammy New Member

Further to my previous thread about exchanging USD to Aus Dollars I would like to get some information about the coastal drive to Sydney. The drive would be from Melbourne to Sydney and for this coastal trip I have a total of 6 days. I wanted to spend some time seeing the penguins, so please guide the time of day to travel to get to see the penguins. Also please indicate which particular place we would be be able to see the penguins.

2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

On that route I think Gabo island would be a good choice for seeing penguins as that is where the largest concentration is. You can also stop by at Mogo to see the old gold mines and what life was like back in the days when those mines were operational. Wilsons national park is another place you might want to spend some time if you like wild life.

By the way 7 days is going to be constant driving every day with some breaks of course. I would add another couple of days to spend at places where I like the most.