1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cost to visit Niagara Falls

Discussion in 'North America' started by Roxanne, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Roxanne

Roxanne New Member

I need to get some information about the costs when visiting Niagara Falls. I have not been there before, so I don't know whether there is some entrance fee or not, so I need to know that as well as details about staying at the falls over night, along with some information about the food costs there.

2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

There is no entrance fee just to see the falls. You could walk around without paying anything but if you want to go for a boat ride or an excursion then it would cost you whatever they charge. Hotels on the Canadian side are pretty reasonably priced. I cannot say about the US side as Ive only been there from the Canadian side. Niagra falls can be seen from either side.

3. Catchmeifyoucan

Catchmeifyoucan New Member

Cost of viewing the falls is free. Cost of going over the falls in a barrel and surviving, priceless. On a serious note, it is an awesome place to go. Even in the winter time when the falls can get frozen over. The whole spectacle is just massive. Maybe it was more magical to me though because I was a kid.

4. Corzhens

Corzhens Active Member

We have a family friend who showed us their pictures in Niagara Falls. From what I remember there is a charge for the transportation in going there (but I don't exactly remember). They were wearing raincoats because they would get very wet, they said. But one of the best times in going there is during winter when the water is frozen. Although it is not as exciting as when the water is falling (hence it is called Falls) but the ice is an amazing sight. It is one of the places in our bucket list if ever we go to the East Coast.

5. Novelangel

Novelangel Member

I need to go there again someday. I haven't been to the falls since I was a kid, and ironically, even though I live in the U.S., I've never viewed the falls from this side, but only from the Canadian side. I will never forget it, even though it was several decades ago. I recall taking pictures of the "Maid of the Mist" and the rainbow that often shows up in the mist. Does that old boat still run out there beneath the falls? That would be a sight to see, the old Maid running just as she did when I was little.