1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Costa Rica Eco Lodges

Discussion in 'South America' started by amelia88, Apr 30, 2016.

1. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

I've heard a lot about friends going to Costa Rica and staying in eco lodges.

They range from simple accommodations to 5 star resorts, but basically it's the idea of sustainable, eco friendly accommodations, good wildlife experiences and things like that.

Has anyone here stayed at an eco lodge? Do you have any recommendations for places? And what kind of eco friendly things they do there?

2. Corzhens

Corzhens Active Member

There was a resort down south of Manila called Laiya, a town in the province of Batangas. We saw in social media a post about the tree house. My husband was amused so he searched for it and we inquired. To make the story short, we were in that resort before the month ended. The tree house is a real house up a tree with bathroom and toilet. However, it has no other amenities - no refrigerator, no tv. But the tree house gave us a feeling of isolation and the sea breeze was wonderful. There was a small veranda overlooking the sea and it was a great morning to have breakfast atop that tree... house.

3. Lynk

Lynk Member

I'm dying to go to Costa Rica, I think it's so beautiful and I have friends from there I dream to visit!

We have eco lodges in my area, it's very popular here. A lot of theme have their own organic gardens, serve meals with the ingredients they grow, and things like that. In fact, I just visited one with a whole fleet of bicycles to go exploring, which was kind of cool!

4. maxen57

maxen57 Member

I just checked them I would travel to one in a heartbeat. Apparently, these lodges are surrounded by nature. You can pretend that you're Jane of the Jungle but with a nicer and bigger residence. Ecotourism is very popular in those parts because of the lush forests and various types of activities that you can do in the surrounding area.

5. sararas

sararas Member

I got curious about the original post. So, I hit on google images to see what they are. The search yielded this:
    vetlongwalks costa rica eco lodge.

While they are indeed very beautiful, I think this is something NOT new to us. The Philippines is practically a tropical country, so accommodations like these are pretty common especially in the Philippines. Be friends with the locals, and who knows you just might be able to spend in these amazing places for free. Of course, the amenities won't be world-class. Still, a very interesting experience it would be. Also from google: What do you think?
    vetlongwalksblogspot.