1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Downtown Disney renamed as Disney Springs

Discussion in 'North America' started by Rubie, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Rubie

Rubie Member

Walt Disney World announces about renaming its Downtown portion into Disney Springs. I havn't visited any Walt Disney places yet but hopefully in the future, I want my little to experience the magical and enchanting effect of this tourist place. I am not yet familiar with Downtown Disney/Disney Springs but as I've read about the changes made, along with renaming, I think its still a place perfectly designed for children, its all that matters to me.

2. pwarbi

pwarbi Member

Exactly, and as long as it keeps to its tradition of keeping chidrem entertained (and some adults aswell) I don't think it matters about the name changes either to be honest.

The Disneyland's have always been magical for children so as long as that stays the same, the popularity will always be there.

Rubie likes this.
  3. genkiWORld

genkiWORld New Member

Downtown Disney is a staple for those of us living in Florida. Disney being just two hours from my home, there is not a single month that goes by without me making a trip up to Downtown Disney for some fun. To read that it will be renamed as Disney Springs leaves me and many other World Disney lovers with mixed feelings.

I love Downtown Disney. The balloon ride, the Lego store, the kid friendly atmosphere, the awesome ice cream shop, it is just a place of pure joy and happiness. No matter the name it ends up with, I will always love this place.

4. brandiesha

brandiesha New Member

Why would they change the name!? I love the name Downtown Disney. I don't really know how I feel about Disney Springs. It definitely doesn't roll off your tongue like Downtown Disney. I wonder if there was some legal issue that made them change. I hope they didn't just make it on a whim to try something new.

Most likely people will continue to call it Downtown Disney no matter how many times they change the name. I guess it's like pwarbi said as long as they keep entertaining children I'm good.

pwarbi likes this.
  5. pwarbi

pwarbi Member

That's the thing as long as they keep on doing what they're doing then they'll just think (and hope) that people will get used to the name.

Disney springs doesn't sound as good or as fun as Downtown Disney does, or does it? Is it that we've just not got used to it yet?