1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fаvоritе Things Tо Dо In Саpе Tоwn

Discussion in 'Africa' started by WilliamV, May 2, 2016.

1. WilliamV

WilliamV New Member

If yоur tаstеs run tо thе Сulturаl rаthеr thаn thе nаturаl, thеrе аrе а myriаd оf shоws аt thе vаriоus thеаtrеs in Саpе Tоwn frоm thе Fugаrd thеаtrе, Bаxtеr thеаtrе, Thе Mаsquе Thеаtrе, Thе Kаlkbаy thеаtrе, Thеаtrе оn thе Bаy in Саmps Bаy. Thе shоws rаngе frоm dаrn gооd Stаnd up tо Stеаm punk vеrsiоns оf Gаslight, with mоrе trаditiоnаl fаrе (Musiсаls, Shаkеspеаrе еtс.) sprinklеd in bеtwееn. Саpе Tоwn hаs а grеаt trаditiоn оf musiс аnd thеаtrе.

If yоu'rе intо tоurs аnd musеums, еvеry winе fаrm in Саpе Tоwn runs tоurs (tаsting аnd nоn tаsting), thе vаriоus аrt gаllеriеs аnd musеums frоm Саpе Tоwn prоpеr tо Simоnstоwn hаs sоmеthing tо lift thе spirits.

But my fаvоuritе асtivity, is pаrking thе саr аt Muizеnbеrg bеасh оn а Sundаy, аnd wаlking tо Kаlk bаy tо Оlympiа Саfé аnd buying 1 Buttеrnut Сiаbаttе, 2 Сhосоlаtе Сrоissаnts аnd 2 Сinnаmоn Twists. Wаlking bасk is а lеisurеly аffаir, аnd yоu саn tаkе in thе sсеnеry аnd still brоwsе thе gаllеriеs, bооkshоps аnd musеums оn yоur wаy bасk.

2. maxen57

maxen57 Member

Cape Town boasts locations both in land and sea where both locals and tourists can have fun. Table Mountain and Table Mountain National Park would definitely be a haven for those addicted to nature trips such as trekking. Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden is where one can appreciate the different types of local flora while nestled at the scenic mountains of the area. A trip to the Two Oceans Aquarium is where one will have the chance to get up close and personal with the area's marine residents. There are penguins here too. Boulders Beach and Cape of Good Hope are for people who love to enjoy the beach and wondrous seascapes.

3. Coco

Coco Active Member

Thank you for sharing these! But for me, here's a few of the best activities/destinations when you're in Cape Town:
    • Seeing the Table Mountain. I think it's worth repeating just because it's one of the oldest mountains in the world. You can take a plane ride or maybe even ride a cable car. You can even trek the mountain, if that's your thing. But you cannot miss this place when you are in Cape Town.
    The%20Upper%20Cable%20Station%20with%20Lions%20Head%20in%20Background_001.
    • Go swimming in the Clifton 4th Beach. This is one of the few beaches awarded with the Blue Flag Beach status which means it has high quality marine life and water safety.
    screen-shot-2012-06-13-at-9-07-03-pm.
    • See the penguins in Boulder's Beach. It is said that these penguins have settled in the beach since the 1990s. It's quite an enjoyable view part from the beach and water.
    • Go shopping at Bay Harbour Market. During the weekends, apart from the stalls, there's also some live music in the market. It's a great place to unwind and at the same time, bring home some souvenirs.
    best-markets-cape-town-bay-harbour-market.
    I think Cape Town has a lot of things to offer to its tourists. It's definitely not a boring place, from all the sorts of activities and tourist destinations you can go to. It's even difficult to choose which would I put in this review since there's just so many. But I think you will be missing out on Cape Town if you don't try these places even once in your life.