1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Food Plan For The Tour

Discussion in 'Africa' started by Corzhens, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Corzhens

Corzhens Active Member

Do you make food plans before traveling? In our first travels in 2011, we were caught flat footed in restaurants several times, not knowing what to order. On the following year, we made some plans by checking on the internet for the appropriate food that the country can offer and that we can eat. It is not good to be ordering food and not eating well because of the taste. We have learned that costly lesson before so now we are always prepared with our own menu - a list of food that we can eat.

2. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

I definitely do! I love researching restaurants before I go, and having an understanding of what the local cuisine is in places too. I always like to experience foods that I can't really get back at home - I think that's one of the most fun things about traveling!

One thing I also try to do any time I travel is to take a cooking class in the country I'm visiting. Getting to learn how to actually make some of the local dishes is such a fun thing to me - and if I can re-create the yummy things when I'm at home that's even better! :)