1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Free Museums In London

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Ava, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Ava

Ava Member

One of the great things about London is that most of the major museums and art galleries are free. Many do have donation boxes and it's good to give what you can because it is lottery and government funded. I remember the days I had to pay to go in, or wait for the free days, so it's a privilege to have the admission fees funded.

It counter balances the cost of accommodation in London, which has some of the best museums in the world. I used to live near them and would go in every week for a wander. I would recommend the Victoria and Albert Museum and also the National Gallery. The buildings are spectacular too, and they also serve great tea and coffee.

2. Corzhens

Corzhens Active Member

In our most recent trip to Hongkong, we went to a railway museum. The location was quite far from the train station so we had to walk maybe a kilometer. And when we reached the museum, there was an entrance fee. And although the ticket was minimal equivalent to around $2 (USD), we were disappointed because we thought it was for free. In Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam, we also went to a museum but we did not enter because of the exorbitant entrance fee. We are not very frugal with spending but we have the custom here that museums should be free to the public.