1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going On An Eco Tour

Discussion in 'Africa' started by Corzhens, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Corzhens

Corzhens Active Member

Eco tourism is all about ecology with some focus on farming and other food production areas. You can expect an eco tour to be in a farm of fish pond. We have been invited last year to an eco tour in a distant province but we had no time to spare. The tour included harvesting of fruits in season and the participants were so happy that they had brought home lots of harvest, not only fruits but also vegetables and some other food products like meat and dried fish.

Have you experienced an ecology tour?

2. I have not been on an ecology tour in the proper sense of the word. However, I have visited places and enjoyed the local fruits. When I was a child, my parents would take me to visit relatives in the countryside. Sometimes we would be there just when a certain fruit was in season. I particularly remember eating rambutans freshly plucked from the tree. I had never been able to climb trees. So all I did was just sit under and tree and wait for the fruits to be dropped down to me by my cousins.

If you are planning to a holiday with a difference, there are lots of places where you can do an ecology tour in Thailand. Anytime of the year, there's some fruit in season somewhere in Thailand. Now it's September and it's almost the end of season for longkong. This is small round fruit related to the duku and langsat. In fact, I could never really distinguish between the three. All I know is that once I open and eat it, I know it's longkong because longkong is sweeter and more fleshy. Here's a picture of longkong:
    ft5809P.