1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gold Panning In Alaska

Discussion in 'North America' started by Corzhens, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Corzhens

Corzhens Active Member

This trip is not to make money but just to experience gold panning. I had seen the advertisement in the newspaper some weeks back. It's a land tour in Alaska that would afford you to taste the life of a gold miner in the yonder times. My husband was thrilled upon reading it because he is an adventurer and gold powder would be a good souvenir much more if we could hit a gold nugget, huh. However, the plane to Alaska is very expensive since we have to go to the US mainland first before getting another plane. And like the trip to Africa for an adventure, this Alaska trip will just be a plan for now.

2. Miya

Miya Active Member

Wow, I didn't even know this was a thing... is this a real gold mine or it's just an attraction? Do you get to keep whatever you find?

3. I think there are warmer places you could go to pan gold if you weren't really expecting to make money. http://www.thepennyhoarder.com/7-places-where-you-can-still-pan-for-gold/ Most of these places are quite warm during the summer months. While I would love to go to Alaska to see the scenery, the idea of trying to dig in that cold hard earth would be more work than pleasure.

Miya likes this.
  4. Miya

Miya Active Member

Thank you for this link! Looks like this could be a good activity to do for fun. I'm definitely going to consider it whenever I head back to the States.

5. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

I've actually done that in Australia at a place called Sovereign Hill!

I think maybe you can do it at a number of places around the world that were known for having found gold. I think it's definitely a unique thing and something that most tourists may not even know about, let alone get the chance to participate in!