1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Group Travel Discounts

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Corzhens, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Corzhens

Corzhens Active Member

Some friends are inviting me to join a group tour in Australia and Europe. They say that joining a group tour is cheaper than going alone because you get the benefit of a tour guide. Besides, the itinerary is good and appropriate not to mention that the guide is well experienced who can answer almost all queries regarding the place.

But the turn off with the group tour is the hassle of waiting. You will be herded in a bus, maybe all 30 or you, so you can imagine the wasted time in waiting for your companions. Let's say the call time is 8am, surely there will be late comers. And all along in the tour, much time will be wasted by those wayward tourists who wouldn't follow regulations.

2. I don't think I would enjoy going on a group tour. I had once gone on a month-long group tour as a student. It was cheap but I felt that we were rushed from place to place to keep up with the itinerary. When I travel, I want to relish the places I visit. In some places, I may tarry longer than others. That's impossible to do when traveling on a group tour.