1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you ever been to Indian Ghost Town - Bangarh?

Discussion in 'Asia' started by planetX, Oct 2, 2015.

1. planetX

planetX Member

If you are a weak hearted person, it is better to avoid this place from your tour chart. It is one of the scariest and most abandoned places in India to visit. It is becoming one of the hot tourist spots these days. However, after sunset no visitors are allowed in this area. Once night falls, the place become deserted with thick black darkness. Added to this there is no electricity in this area!

The place is very near to Sariska Tiger Reserve. It is a ruined town between Jaipur and and Alwar in Rajasthan. There are many legends associated with haunted Bangarh Fort. The place is cursed and no building can survive there with a ceiling. You can see a lot of buildings without a ceiling!

Would you like to visit the ghost town and fort?

2. Lucinda Dominguez

Lucinda Dominguez New Member

Oh wow! I got scared by your description of the place. Yes, I would like to visit the haunted Bangarh fort in that ghost town. It must be really horrifying to be there! It would be such an experience to go there. I wonder why the place is haunted? Why would it be cursed?

3. vinaya

vinaya Member

The description of the town and the fort is scary but I am kind of interested to visit the place. Please tell us what happens if we stay for the night? Will there be occurrences of paranormal activities if we stay in large numbers and burn a big fire. I have never seen a ghost or experienced paranormal activities. I very interested to see this place. I really hope to make there some day.

4. planetX

planetX Member

As always, there are too many stories associated with this spooky place. The most popular one is related to the curse of Baba Bainath. He has given permission for construction of the town provided its shadow should not fall over his retreat. He also warned if this is breached he would destroy the entire city. But a descendant prince raised the palace to a height that cast shadow over his retreat which made him furious. Then he cursed the whole town and died the same day. He was buried there. After that no buildings were completed there yet. It is said that even though you try to build a house its roof will collapse. You can see a lot of building without roof there.

@vinaya visitors are not allowed to stay there at night. The whole area is spooky. It's just like the set of a horror movie where the evil will not come directly in front of you, but a feeling is enough to keep you at the edge of your seat. You call it a horror tourism..ha..ha..

5. Myrr

Myrr Member

I loove scary places. I definitely would want to visit there. But of course, I won't do it alone. And I won't stay there for the night.

Better safe than sorry. HE!HE! ;)

6. Valerie

Valerie Active Member

Whaaaaat, that sounds awesome! I'm a huge fan of horror and suspense, so an Indian ghost town is right up my alley. I never new about Bangarh, but it is now on my bucket list.

7. djordjem87

djordjem87 Member

I heard about these in China and Russia I think but for China I am sure. It is unbelievable that the whole region is with no electricity. As I wrote this I googled it and it turned out that this is not like those cities in China. It is an old part with some ruins from 17th century I think and these cities in China are urban areas with no people in. Still, this one in India is more of an attraction because of the ruins and some ghost stories.