1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hawaii

Discussion in 'North America' started by DreamingOfCherryBlossoms, Sep 24, 2016.

1. I would love to go see Hawaii but I don't where to start. I would love to go scuba diving and see the tiger sharks there. Has anyone been there? Which island would you recommend or are they pretty much the same?

2. Corzhens

Corzhens Active Member

I was watching a show about Hawaii in the travel channel some weeks back. The show was actually about buying a house. The prospected house costs $250k which looked good. As side dish to the acquisition of a home, some hotels were featured which are accessible in the internet for booking. So if you have a concrete plan to visit Hawaii, maybe you can start your plan with a survey of the available hotels. Those hotels also feature the tourist spots near their location and probably also have suggestions on some other things you can do there.

3. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

I've been to Oahu and the Big Island and they both to me have very different feels to them. Oahu is much more populated and touristy, I think - it's great for shopping and things like that - and I went to a luau, saw the Pearl Harbor site, and things like that. I also did a shark dive but that was on the north shore in a town called Hale'iwa.

As for the big island I went there specifically for the Volcanoes National Park. Depends what you're into, really!

4. Valentino

Valentino Member

All the Islands are beautiful. While most tourists prefer head off to Oahu just so they can say they were on Waikiki beach, you should also consider visiting Maui. Since accommodation here is more expensive, that's what makes it less attractive to some tourists. Good thing though is if you hate the crowds, Maui might be the best destination for you.