1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotel Accommodation With Breakfast

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Corzhens, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Corzhens

Corzhens Active Member

This is a requirement for us during our travels abroad. We used to stay in a cheap hotel in Singapore that when we wake up, my husband would go out and buy something to eat in the nearest convenience store. I cannot imagine ourselves eating snack food for breakfast. In our next travels, I gathered the courage to book in a nice hotel with free breakfast. And I was successful because the Majestic Hotel in Kuala Lumpur was really majestic including their breakfast which is a buffet with countless of dishes. Now it is always a hotel with breakfast no matter the cost. At least we fully enjoy our vacation.

2. Just curious. Does it cost more to get a hotel room with breakfast provided? I am not really a fan of meals like that. It's my nature to go out and explore. Food is one of the adventures I enjoy when I travel.

3. Ava

Ava Member

If breakfast is included that's great, but I don't always need it as I like to go out for brunch usually. Most hotels in the US offer breakfast or a breakfast bag to go. Some of the cheaper hotels offer it as an extra, and for some people it maybe more convenient, but I am happy with a croissant and a coffee most days.

A nice buffet breakfast bar is good if you have a full day ahead and don't want to stop for lunch. I usually get them complimentary with a loyalty card, but if I don't I will go elsewhere for breakfast.

4. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

I think for me, honestly it depends on where I'm traveling to, and what the breakfast culture is like there. I do like exploring new cafes and places for breakfast - but I also have to bear in mind that I am an early riser, and a lot of places don't seem to have cafes that open for breakfast until 10am or later!! That makes it tough, and I prefer to start the day with a decent meal. Because of that, if it's not too much extra to have breakfast included I will usually go with that option just so I'm not starving by the time anything opens!

5. If you are an early riser, then you should ask around for those round-the-clock food stalls or those which open through the night till morning. I am sure in many big cities with lots of night life, there must be such food stalls around. They may probably be clustered together. I know that in Thailand, there are plenty of such spots. Just ask the hotel staff. They probably know because they probably also go there when they work the graveyard shift.

6. Corzhens

Corzhens Active Member

Yeah, it's definitely more expensive especially if the breakfast is an executive buffet (with more than 10 dishes). Our Singapore trips before gave us a problem with breakfast because the hotel we got was far from the city and restaurants did not open until 8am. In Hongkong, it depends on the area because there are places like Mongkok where stores are open as early as 6am. We are not adventurers when it comes to food because our taste buds are somewhat choosy. We would prefer McDonald's when in Bangkok than the local cuisine which did not agree with our taste.

7. Oh dear, that sounds so sad, @Corzhens . I mean to travel to Bangkok and eat at McDonald's. Is it that the Thai food is too spicy for you? You can always tell them to put just one chilli. I always do that when I order my som tam.

Corzhens likes this.