1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to travel from JFK airport to Manhattan

Discussion in 'North America' started by Suze, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Suze

Suze New Member

I will be visiting USA with my family for the first time and my destination is Manhattan. We will be landing at JFK airport and from here we need to get to Manhattan. I would like to know how to get to Manhattan from JFK airport using public transport. Please provide all options whether its the cheapest or most expensive, after seeing the options we would decide the best way to travel. Hotel provides pick up for a charge which sounds a bit pricey to me.

2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

You have not mentioned how many people would be traveling and where you would be traveling from. If you have a long flight then it is going to be tiring with public transport although it is pretty efficient but you still have to walk a little and wait for buses/subway etc. If you guys are 4-5 members then it would probably turn out cheaper in a taxi as opposed to public transport or at least the saving would be marginal depending what part of Manhattan you would be going to.

The flat rate taxi costs $52 + tolls for a one way trip to Manhattan from JFK airport these days. You could ask the taxi driver how much the toll would be before hand so you know what to expect. Taxi drivers normally expect a tip in addition to the metered fare so add that on top if you want unless you are ok with "that" look. ;)