1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ipanema Beach And Carnival - Rio De Janiero, Brazil!

Discussion in 'South America' started by maxen57, May 6, 2016.

1. maxen57

maxen57 Member

As far as beaches go, Ipanema beach is the place to be. That gorgeous sunset says it all. I wouldn't mind trying to learn surfing, too. Plus, going to Rio at the time of Carnival spells party, fun, and a whole lot of dancing until dawn. Me in a costume doing the samba until I drop - now that's going to be epic!

sunset-ipanema-beach-rio-de-janeiro_74340_990x742.

rio-carnival--danc_2841261k.

Photos from NationalGeographic.com (Ipanema Beach) and Telegraph.co.uk (Carnival dancers)

2. Corzhens

Corzhens Active Member

Well, what can I say to that beach and to that festival? That song The Girl From Ipanema, popularized that beach and from what I read, it is still a crowd favorite until now because of the fine sand and clear water (shades of the Boracay beach in the Philippines). I first heard of the Rio carnival from my husband when he showed me the New York times a long time ago with the photo of street dancing. Those sexy girls are truly captivating with their colorful costumes and the dancing looked contagious so the people join in. Maybe I wouldn't dance but for sure my camera would be capturing the event until it ends at dawn.

3. ellajanelle

ellajanelle Member

The Carnival is a sight that I would never want to miss in my life! It's considered the biggest carnival in the world and it started way back early 1700s. It's great how they continue tradition in a grander, bolder way. Imagine having almost 2 million people on the streets. Wow. It's totally a once in a lifetime experience. I imagine myself wearing a glitzy costume with a fruit basket headdress. Haha!