1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Canada still accepting temporary workers?

Discussion in 'North America' started by GLENN PAUL GEMENTIZA, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Hi.

I know it's about World Travel Forum, but I'm wondering if anyone here know if Canada still accepting temporary workers? It seems like they are accepting fewer and fewer. Anyone know if they actually have reduced the number that comes in every year now?

Just curious because I really want to go to Canada and looking for a job as a international worker..
    I think Canada is a good place to travel and to work too, right? What do you think?

Thanks! ;)

vinaya likes this.
  2. Praise Carlos

Praise Carlos New Member

You can always search the web for job opportunities in Canada.

vinaya likes this.
  3. genkiWORld

genkiWORld New Member

Yes, Canada is still accepting temporary workers. The reason why it may seem as if Canada is accepting less and less is due to the number of TN Visas,

the work visas required working temporarily in Canada, the number is a fixed one and when that number is reached, no more workers will be allowed. I would

advise you to talk with a TN Visa expert and find out what you must do to get approved for one.

Getting approved for a temporary visa is not so hard, timing however is everything.

vinaya likes this.
  4. vinaya

vinaya Member

In the recent times, immigration to Canada is becoming very popular amongst people in Asia. Canada accepts skilled manpower from around the world to live and work in Canada. I have many friends and relatives living in Canada. Interesting thing about Canada immigration is the country accepts husband, wife and children (if they are underage). However, it is really costly to immigrate to Canada.

5. ellajanelle

ellajanelle Member

I'm not so sure about temporary work in Canada. I know though that Canada is very welcoming to immigrants. I'm looking forward to migrating to Canada once I finish college. My aunt who lives there mentioned a certain program where after you complete a course in Canada, you can immediately be an immigrant. I'm not so sure about this and I still don't have specific details about the program but it sounds like a huge opportunity especially for young people looking for permanent residency in Canada.

6. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Active Member

If I remember correctly you can apply for a resident visa (with a duration of 2 years or something similar) after finishing your education there. Keep in mind that it's not a 1 month education but a higher degree such as university... which is of course going to take a few years and a lot of money. Of course if you stay and find a job then you can get a permanent worker visa. So yeah, it's a good way into Canada IF you want to study something in the first place.

I did think about migrating to Canada and even started planning it just in case but those plans are on hold for the moment.
    For some good info on immigration see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/

7. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

I've got a friend living and working there right now in Vancouver -- he has been there about 12 months already, and is on a 2 year temporary visa as far as I recall. So all I know for sure is that they were still allowing it 12 months ago! I haven't heard about any policy changes though so hopefully it's still that plan for a working vacation type situation! :)

8. djordjem87

djordjem87 Member

I found something on their official government site about moving to work and live in Canada but it was for families I think. They want to have more people there who can work and become Canadians in the end. The fact that many countries are not in a good economical state is just plus for them because they have good standard of living there and I would go there to work and live. I would even go to Alaska. Life here is terrible.

9. Myrr

Myrr Member

Yes, I think they are still accepting temporary workers in Canada. But the required number of people that they are hiring have lessened. I went to a seminar last year and one of the requirements is that you have to have a college diploma. But I've forgotten most of the details, I suggest you go to the Canadian embassy or on their website to get more information. :)