1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jeju Island

Discussion in 'Asia' started by DreamingOfCherryBlossoms, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Jeju Island is always mentioned in most of the k-dramas that I watch. I really want to go but I'm unsure what's actually there. I know about Kimnyong Maze park which seems really fun and the beaches. I also want to see the Jeju Glass Castle because that just sound beautiful. Has anyone been there? Do you have favorite spots? Any personal recommendations that I shouldn't miss if I get a chance to go?

2. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

I went there as a part of a cruise that went to both Korea and Taiwan, but I didn't really like it...I think because I only saw around the port area and some markets - I think the true beauty of the island is meant to be away from that area. It's called the Hawaii of Korea, at least that's what we were told, so I'm imagining there are some beautiful beaches and nature. I also heard a lot of Koreans go there as their honeymoon spot!

3. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

SanBangMt.

Here's a picture I found of part of the island - to me it looks very Hawaiian, with the beach and the mountain. I'm curious if there's good hiking and stuff there, as one of my favorite things to do in Hawaii is to hike. Anyone know anything about that?

4. Corzhens

Corzhens Active Member

Truly, movies and tv programs are good venues for promoting a place as evidenced by this thread. I haven't been to Korea and I am not fond of Korea novelas on tv but I am aware of the Korean's supremacy in that field of art. All over the world, it is K-pop or K-drama that is always trending in the internet. No doubt, Korean products of art are of high quality. Back to the place, those Korean movies and tv drama are so good in portraying their country as a clean and safe place that's why tourism is at its best.