1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kota Kinabalu Attractions

Discussion in 'Asia' started by Corzhens, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Corzhens

Corzhens Active Member

We have a trip to Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia in January of next year. It's embarrassing to admit that we have no idea of what to see in Kota Kinabalu. We had been to Kuala Lumpur last year and we liked the place for the cheap food and friendly people. But Kuala Lumpur is a city while my impression of Kota Kinabalu is a rural place. Maybe there are beach resorts there or forest resorts, I really do not know.

What is there to see in Kota Kinabalu, anyone? What kind of food do we expect they have and are the hotels there okay like in Kuala Lumpur?

2. Novelangel

Novelangel Member

Never heard of it before, but just looked it up and it looks absolutely gorgeous! It also looks very expensive, as beachfront resort towns go. We're talking palm trees, luxurious hotels, mountains, beautiful beaches, clear ocean waters... not bad at all, but like I said, it definitely looks expensive. Still... I think you'll enjoy it as it also looks quite nice and relaxing. :) You can find bunches of lovely pictures if you google the name Kota Kinabalu. I hope you enjoy your trip and let us all know how it went.

3. Valerie

Valerie Active Member

I haven't heard of Kota Kinabalu either, but I looked it up as Novelangel did. Apparently, it's a bustling resort town in Borneo with a humongous National Park full of wildlife, especially primates. There is also a 13,400 foot tall mountain.
    The photos of the area are rather stunning. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time!

4. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

A friend of mine has done pretty extensive travel in south East Asia so I had heard of Kota Kinabalu before. I had mainly known of it as somewhere rich in nature and wildlife so if that's your interest I think you'll love it!