1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

London Christmas Lights And Tree In Trafalgar Square

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Ava, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Ava

Ava Member

The Christmas lights will be on from 6 November until 6 January (2016-2017) in London where the streets will be closed, and there will be a festival for when they are switched on.

The Christmas Tree in Trafalgar Square arrive on 1 December and they are both truly a wonderful sight if you do manage to go and see them.

This is a great time to visit London, and there are also lots of ice rinks if you like to skate. Somerset House which is near Trafalgar Square is a popular one, but book tickets early if you go at the weekend.

2. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

I think that would be gorgeous to see! I feel like there's so many great Christmas things happening all over the world that make it a really fun and unique time to experience a new city.

One other thing I would love to do at Christmas time is go to Germany - I've heard wonderful things about the Christmas markets there too! :)

3. Corzhens

Corzhens Active Member

I would love to see such a spectacle. The largest Christmas tree I had seen was the one in Disneyland Hong Kong. I'm sure that one in London will be much bigger and more elegant. Well, I can dream for now. Another Christmas tree that I like to see is the one in New York City.