1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maine...

Discussion in 'North America' started by Norjak71, May 7, 2016.

1. Norjak71

Norjak71 New Member

It's really surprising to me that not a whole lot of people talk about Maine. It's one of the most beautiful states in the Country, all the amazing light houses, and autumn in Maine is simply fantastic. It's probably one of my favorite vacation spots in the entire country. Has anyone ever been, and what are your thoughts on it? I consider it the secret because every time I go the place is so empty and quiet, part of it's charm honestly. The food is incredible as well.

2. Valerie

Valerie Active Member

I have a friend from Maine who absolutely loathes it, haha. Of course, he's quite the dour soul, so I can't imagine anything making him happy. But I digress!

Maine is indeed naturally lovely. I've never been, but friends of my family go often. The pictures are see look like paintings--so vividly colorful. I would love to go kayaking and hiking across the landscape and experience a Maine winter. I love snow. Whenever I see the seasons Maine experiences, I get jealous. One thing I've heard about is Transylmainia (Bangor) from Stephen King books. Being a fan of his work, I'd love to experience this location for myself. Aside from Stephen King novels, Bangor has galleries, theaters, breath taking sunsets, and as you've mentioned, OP, scrumptious food.

3. Novelangel

Novelangel Member

I have heard great things about Maine, mostly comments about the beauty of the countryside and coastal regions. I have heard that the people are delightfully quirky and the sea food is awe inspiring. I think Maine would be a state I'd like to visit at some point, perhaps in the off-season, like in the autumn when all those gorgeous colors come out to play. My husband keeps asking what we should do for our tenth anniversary, (we are about to celebrate our fifth so we have a ways to go yet,) so perhaps I should suggest a road trip to Maine when that time comes.