1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Myanmar And Tourism

Discussion in 'Asia' started by amelia88, May 11, 2016.

1. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

Has anyone visited Myanmar?

I've only read about it - I haven't known anyone personally that has been there. But it looks just incredible. Here's some of the sights!

Ngapali%20Beach.

Ngapali Beach

old-bagan-temples.

Temples in Bagan

Golden Rock Pagoda

What do you think about Myanmar? Is it on your radar as somewhere to visit?

Coco likes this.
  2. Corzhens

Corzhens Active Member

We have no plans to visit Burma (now Myanmar) although I know that they have lots of temples. One colleague who used to work there on an assignment said that the standard of living in Myanmar is very low such that he was like a prince there for he could afford to pay the labor force - housemaid, cook, driver and he even had a massage therapist. With the food, it is also very cheap so you can eat whatever you want regardless of the cost. But with the sights, I guess the natural spots like rivers and mountains are still fresh and not ravaged yet.

3. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Active Member

Never thought of it that much, I guess to me this has always been one of those very remote destinations which I do want to see one day but it's far from being at the top of the list. Natural beauty, cheap prices... and I would assume friendly people: sounds like a good vacation!

4. Coco

Coco Active Member

I must agree, this pictures are stunning. Sadly, I have never been to Myanmar but I definitely want to especially after these pictures you have posted. From what I've read, their economy is thriving right now and it's the best time to visit the country. They have been under military rule for years but had recently elected a civilian. I don't know though if the military has given the responsibility of ruling to the elected civilian already.

Anyway, these are additional places that I would love to explore in Myanmar:
    • Taung Kalat:
    tu-vien-tren-cao-an-tuong-ivivu-3.

This is a one-of-a-kind destination, aside from climbing the 777 steps, this is actually a volcano plug that has gone extinct. While you're climbing the steps, you can see the monkeys waiting for your treats as well. The view from the top should be amazing, from what I've read.​
    • Shwenandaw Monastery:

This is also known as the Golden Palace, legend has it that this was the King's apartment. But his son moved it outside the palace because he believed it to be haunted. As time passed, it has become a monastery.[/INDENT]
    • Irawaddy River Cruise:
    8568177073_1345497da5_b.

This is becoming a tourist destination simply because it's quite interesting. When you're cruising the river, expect to see river villages, dolphins and even gorgeous gorges.​

amelia88 likes this.
  5. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

@Coco that first picture you posted is AMAZING! You're right, it definitely seems like a one of a kind destination! I'd never seen Taung Kalat before but now it's definitely somewhere I feel like I would need to visit if I was lucky enough to head to Myanmar.

I think the thing I like most about it, is that it doesn't seem to be commercialized. So many places seem to change to just meet tourists expectations, but I think Myanmar just seems so charming because they don't seem to have done that.