1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Zealand

Discussion in 'Australia' started by vinaya, Oct 1, 2015.

1. vinaya

vinaya Member

New Zealand is one of my dream destinations. The country is one of the favorite destinations for travelers around the world. Couple of years ago,New Zealand was even on the list of most desired place for the travelers. When I am traveling to the country, how much money do I need to have if I want to stay a fortnight and visit the major cities and landmarks.

2. Future_Martian

Future_Martian New Member

I know New Zealand is very popular to the fans of the movie series Lord Of the Rings because those movies were shot in this country. I heard the places that were used in the movies can still be visited by the fans. I would like to visit this place someday because it looks stunning and other worldly. It also have interesting looking animals. There is a species of Parrot in New Zealand that cannot fly. So it looks like an parrot with the body of a chicken.

vinaya likes this.
  3. vinaya

vinaya Member

The Lord Of the Rings made New Zealand a popular tourist destination. I have seen the places (on TV) where the movie was shot, however, the real location is not recognizable in the movie. There is so much special effects in the movie.

I am also interested to see the ancient tribes in New Zealand. I have so much read about Maori. I wish I can actually see them in real. I am also interested to see the animals.

4. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

Hi Vinaya! I've been to NZ before, to the North and South island. Are you planning to go to both islands or just one?

I actually hired a camper van when I went, and I went with my boyfriend at the time. There are holiday/RV parks that you can park the camper van at that have clean facilities, showers, and you can plug into power. The brand of holiday parks we stayed at were called Top 10 Holiday Parks - you should be able to find them online. It was a lot cheaper than staying at a hotel.

Admin likes this.
  5. Corzhens

Corzhens Active Member

My husband has that dream of visiting New Zealand for its dairy industry. It's not about business but just for his curiosity. He said that in New Zealand, the cattle and sheep eclipse the number of inhabitants and their dairy industry is what's propping up the economy. But I'm sure he wants to take a selfie with the ranch. And for me, what I'm curious about New Zealand is the Hobbits. I know the movie was shot there and I'm sure the movie set is still there and would be a good place to visit.

6. Coco

Coco Active Member

New Zealand is a great place to travel to because there are lots of cheap accommodations if you know where to look. But if you want to be very economical and practical, your best bet would be dorm beds and motels. The cheapest dorm bed you can get is priced at $11 and can get as high as $45, depending on the quality of the place and whether it has its own bathroom or a shared bathroom.

For meals, it depends, but there's a lot of restaurants in New Zealand. Some offer as low as $9 per meal and some cost as high as $12 per meal. The tap water in New Zealand is safe for drinking as well, so you can just bring your water bottle with you and fill it up through the faucet.

For transportation, you can choose to ride buses or rent your own car. Anyway, you can opt for either depending on how long you're going to be staying on the country.

I hope this helps!

7. pwarbi

pwarbi Member

My sister had her honeymoon in New Zealand and while she said it was a dream come true for her to go, and its a beautiful country that she recommended people go to, she said that now she's been she probably wouldn't go again.

To go once is an experience you'll not forget, but there's not a great deal there outsude of the main cities. Her words were it's a bit like Wales or Scotland, but the weather is a lot nicer.

Only those that have been to Wales or Scotland will understand that though I guess.

8. Valerie

Valerie Active Member

I dated a guy who went to New Zealand before and a friend went there on honeymoon. Both of them called NZ heaven on Earth. As others have said previously, many people go there out of LOTR fandom--and I'm one of them! Ever since I saw the beauty of the islands and heard about the culture from friends, I've been dying to see it. I want to see the kiwi birds and dance with the natives. Plus, like Coco stated, there are great accommodations for decent pricing. Dining and relaxation is part of the culture, so there's probably plenty to do in the leisure department.

9. maxen57

maxen57 Member

Now here is also one of my top four adventure spots. Seeing the photos of New Zealand on the Internet is just mesmerizing. The mountains are just calling to be trekked. It's a place where I would definitely do bunjee jumping and kayaking. I'm already making plans in where I'd stay and maybe there will also be tour guides who would recommend a good nature spot to delve in. I would also like to see cultural shows by the local people and collect whatever folklore from someone who'd share them. It would totally be a dream come true if I can set foot in that place.