1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nice People In General

Discussion in 'Australia' started by maxen57, May 6, 2016.

1. maxen57

maxen57 Member

We have a family friend who worked in Australia shortly as a caregiver and he told us that he's lucky that he didn't ran into any unscrupulous characters. The people he worked for were nice and treated him like family. Maybe because there's a high population of minorities that's why Australians are used to other cultures. It's definitely one of my top destinations to go to someday for some adventure.

2. Corzhens

Corzhens Active Member

I have several colleagues who have toured Australia and a close friend was there last month. In our casual chat, there was no mention of aborigines and the gist of her travel story is just like any other country that I had been to. The beach was good and the food was great, the people are friendly although the main issue was the language - Australians have a different intonation and for a first time visitor, you may get lost in their pronunciations. And there are so many nice places to see. Don't miss the zoo, my colleague said.

The Cebu Pacific Air has promo tickets to Australia sometimes and if I'm lucky to get a good timing, I would probably buy a ticket.

3. ellajanelle

ellajanelle Member

Australia is my dream place to go to after college and pursue a Master's degree. Now that you mentioned how nice Australians are, the greater love I have for this country. I've never been but my schedule always gets in the way. Yes Corzhens, I wonder why CebuPac always gives out promo tickets going to Australia lately. Maybe it's a sign we should go ASAP before it ends! Haha!

4. Coco

Coco Active Member

Hmm... I've had Australian classmates back when I was still studying in college. They were brother and sister and they migrated here in my country to study. With regards to their intonation and accent, it was quite hard to understand them at first especially since they were talking too fast. Lol. But as time passed by, I got used to their Australian accent and at the same time, they learned a few of our words in Filipino. It's important to mention that they were still Filipinos but they grew up in Australia and just migrated here to study.

Anyway, culture-wise, I guess I didn't notice much difference. They are very friendly and nice, although the girl became friends with the "it" girls of the class which made her a bit snobby. But the boy was quite nice and he had been my laboratory partner a couple of times since our surnames our arranged alphabetically and we two are the ones closest together.

When it comes to people who are in Australia, I think one thing I've noticed is that they're very polite and disciplined. Coming from a country where people are chaotic, it's a breath of fresh air. No person cuts the line and they queue and wait for their turn. They are very respectful and you won't find people shoving or pushing each other.

5. Valerie

Valerie Active Member

Though I have never traveled to Australia myself, I have had the honor of meeting a fair number of Australians living abroad. One gentlman, Simon, spoke at length with me about the cultural differences between the US and Australian. He admitted that to Australians, many Americans look uncultured and undermotivated. As someone else already mentioned, Australians are amiable and diligent people. They put their heart into everything they do, and the respect they have is shown in their openness to other cultures.

Everyone I know who has travelled to Australia or worked abroad there has loved every single minute of it. They meet dozens of people but say nothing negative about these encounters.

6. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

I love Australia - I've traveled quite significantly around the country and have friends there, and honestly I think they're super friendly people overall! I was always welcomed with open arms and just found people to be very chatty and willing to accept me into their circle of friends as I traveled from place to place.

I definitely felt at home there and it's one of the reasons I love the country so much!

7. Lynk

Lynk Member

I had neighbors for one spring when I lived in Las Vegas who rented out the apartment next door to me for three months for an extended poker trip. They were some of the nicest, most sincere people I have ever met. I've always wanted to visit Australia anyway, but ever since I got to know them I've been really enthusiastic about it. I wonder why they give off such a friendly vibe?

8. Francis

Francis New Member

I think that the Australian culture don't embrace racism. Australia has diverse communities with positive social values. But there might minor incidents where foreigners have been affected. As long as foreigners don't break the law then they will see Australia as a best place to live and work.