1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Platform 9 3/4

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Laura Hilder, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Laura Hilder

Laura Hilder New Member

My daughter is a huge Harry Potter fan and I would like to take her to the famous platform 9 3/4 in London. Some of the questions I have about this famous Harry Potter tourist place are:

Where in London is platform 9 3/4?

Are there any charges to visit the place?

What exactly is there to see at the platform 9 3/4?

2. Derek P

Derek P New Member

Platform 9 3/4 is at King's Cross Station in London.

No there is not a charge to visit the platform.

At Platform 9 3/4 you get to see the famous platform 9 3/4 which is a hidden platform at Kings Cross Station. From the book of Harry Potter, this is the place where students of Hogwarts board the Hogwarts Express train. At the location, there is a cart full of luggage embedded half way into a wall which has been labeled as Platform 9 3/4. All Harry Potter fans visit this place just to take a picture of them holding the trolly as if they are about to enter the hidden platform. Most of the time there are very long queues for you to get your photo taken, so do be prepared to wait.

Just beside the platform is a Harry Potter shops where you can find all the Harry Potter merchandise from apparel, books, souvenirs and wands and more.