1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spanish Festivals

Discussion in 'Europe' started by vinaya, Oct 3, 2015.

1. vinaya

vinaya Member

Spain has many unique festivals. Some of the popular festivals are:

Las Fallas is marked with the burning of big puppets.

La Tomatino is a tomato throwing festival.

I have not participated to these festivals, but if I am traveling to Spain, I will never misss these festivals.

2. Sissi Beau

Sissi Beau New Member

I would definitely skip the Tomatina festival because I hate the smell of tomatoes (weird right? I can't stand them I swear)! I personally don't like the type of festivals where they hurt animals (like festivals involving bullfighting in the arenas). But I do enjoy a little the ones where they let the bull run around town while people run away from him. The bull run that takes place in Pamplona is very famous and I think I would like to attend it someday (although if I did went I would probably watch it from a safe distance :D).

3. genkiWORld

genkiWORld New Member

When I visited Spain a few years back, I went to Las Fiestas de San Fermin and La Tomatina. Both were fantastic festivals and o so fun! I particularly loved La Tomatina. Who doesn’t love a huge tomato fight? I sure enjoyed whacking a few people with tomatoes and seeing the joy on everyone’s faces.