1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taking Taxicab To Roam The City

Discussion in 'Asia' started by Corzhens, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Corzhens

Corzhens Active Member

Sometimes it cannot be helped that you cannot walk anymore when you are roaming the city that you take the taxicab for a little convenience. When we were in Singapore last year, there were 5 of us, so it is economical to take the taxicab instead of the bus. And in Bangkok, the taxicab is not that expensive so why let my feet do the walking eh? It is not extravagant to take the taxicab instead of engaging in too much walking because it might injure your feet like what happened to my husband when we were in Hongkong, 2 of his toenails were damaged.

2. Valentino

Valentino Member

Taking a taxi to tour a city can be a really safe option but depending on the city you are in, it can be quite expensive. I have a friend who made money off showing tourists around his hometown. It was quite lucrative too. I'd prefer a guided tour though since not all cabbies can be trusted.

3. Miya

Miya Active Member

Taxis are convenient and are worth the price if you are traveling in a group. Alone though, I would advise against it. Some taxis drivers try to trick tourists by purposely taking a longer route, thus the meter will go up more. I would really only take a taxi if I'm with a friend who lives there locally or if taxis are really dirt cheap and even if the driver were to rip me off, it wouldn't cost a lot.

4. I can only remember one time when I had booked a taxi for a whole day. That was about forty years ago. I was on a shopping trip to Singapore. I went by overnight bus and I wanted to be back on the overnight bus the same night. So I booked a taxi for the whole day. It cost me about $25. Actually, it was a bargain because I started and ended on the Malaysian side of the causeway. I knew the books I was planning to buy were going to be heavy. So I just bought the books and loaded them on the taxi at each stop. Easy peasy. Well worth the money spent.