1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Best European Country For A Tourist As Per What You Know

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Corzhens, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Corzhens

Corzhens Active Member

Regardless of if you have gone there or not, just based on your knowledge of European countries, what do you think is the best country for a tourist? I haven't been our of Asia yet and we also have plans of going to Europe someday. I just want to have a better understanding when it comes to touring a European country. Right now it is London for me and a close second is Italy particularly of Rome because of the Vatican City. Coming in third is France just for the landmark and probably the classy food.

2. Francis

Francis New Member

For me Germany is the best. Maybe because I like their advanced technology. German programmers are ranked among the best in the world. If I have a chance to travel to Germany, then I'll like to visit the Mercedes manufacturing plant because I like the brand very much.

3. Ava

Ava Member

I've lived in London, and Italy so I do have a soft spot for these countries. England is easier to get around as there are lots of buses, coaches and trains. In London many things are in walking distance and tourists are well catered for.

Italy is different, as cities tend to be more expensive, and some coastal resorts have short seasons. It's still my favorite country with so much to do, and the food is excellent.

Language wise, not many places in Italy speak English, only the cities so that maybe an issue for some people. I have a basic understanding of Italian so can get by, but some people may struggle.

4. If I have the chance I would love to tour the United Kingdom. It's the home of the language I use every day. There are so many places there which I have read about but never visited. The first place I want to visit is London. It's the home of many fictitious characters in the books I enjoyed reading. The next destination would be Ireland. It's the home of one of my favorite English teachers. I want to see the land which brought forth such a good man who have made a lot of difference in the lives of the students he taught.