1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Best Unknown Beaches In India

Discussion in 'Asia' started by Coco, May 10, 2016.

1. Coco

Coco Active Member

India has a lot of great beaches to enjoy. But I'm not talking about the mainstream ones... I'm referring to the unknown or virgin beaches in India. Here's a few of these beautiful beaches you might want to check out if you're in India:
    • St. Mary's Islands in Karnataka:
    beaches_stmarys.

This beach/island is famous for its basalt rock formations. These rock formations have been proven to have been formed through volcanic eruptions. It's best to visit this place during December to fully experience its beauty.​
    • Agatti Beach in Lakshadweep:
    lakshadweep8.

If you're looking for a beach that is serene and undiscovered, then Agatti Beach is for you. It boasts of white sands and clear, blue water. You can truly feel relaxed and calm just by being in here. Rent one of the beachfronts and enjoy the scenery every morning that you're there.​
    • Samudra Beach in Kerala:

The coconut groves provide the much needed shade for tourists and even locals in Samudra Beach. If you like taking pictures, consider going to the lighthouse within the beach for a selfie as well. Lol.[/INDENT]
    • Serenity Beach in Pondicherry:
    Serenity-Beach-Pondicherry.

Another unknown beach to most people, this one has white sands and clear waters as well. Even if swimming isn't your thing, you can still enjoy the view and walk around the beach area.
    Do you guys know of any more virgin or unknown beaches in India? Please share them here!

2. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

Before reading your post I honestly didn't know all that much about Indian beaches apart from Goa - I've had a few friends visit Goa and rave about how great the beaches are there, and that the whole atmosphere is fun.

The picture you shared of Serenity Beach has to be my favorite. It looks almost fake, just given how perfect everything looks. It seems to be the perfect place for a relaxing getaway.

Coco likes this.
  3. Valerie

Valerie Active Member

I'm with @amelia88 on this one. Serenity Beach looks absolutely, well, serene. Those waves. I need them right now.
    St. Mary's reminds me of an unknown locale in Florida, USA, called Bathtub Beach. It's surrounded by mangroves and a small reef. Because it's something of an inlet,
    the water is always warm, like a bathtub. That said, it gets a fair share of sea form and seaweed too.

Honestly though, I knew India had some incredible beaches. But I never expected to see anything like these featured few. The cleanliness of the sea and sands is stunning.

Coco likes this.
  4. Coco

Coco Active Member

@amelia88

I think Goa has great beaches as well but they're generally more crowded. Plus, if you're into the night life and partying, then the Goa beaches might be for you. However, there are a few unknown beaches in Goa as well, namely:
    • Butterfly Beach:
    butterfly-beach-goa_2.

I think this beach in Goa isn't much explored because you need to ride a boat before you can reach the place. However, its name truly fits the beach because it is as beautiful as a butterfly. ​
    • Arambol Beach:
    arambol_beach_extremespotsdotcom.

The cliff views beside the beach are quite amazing. It's a great beach destination for families and even couples. It's not that crowded or noisy but it has a nice selection of cafes and restaurants. ​
    • Cola Beach:
    cola-beach.

It's hard to reach this destination because the only way to do so is by private transport. There are no buses that can take you here. But it's all worth it once you reach it, it's a very secluded destination that's sure to relax and calm you.​

@Valerie

I agree with both of you that Serenity Beach looks so beautiful. I just cannot pick a favourite out of all these beaches because they are all mesmerising and enticing. I have a weakness for white sand though, if that's any consolation. Haha!