1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Snake Island

Discussion in 'South America' started by Francis, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Francis

Francis New Member

Has anyone here ever visited the Snake Island in Brazil? I watched a video about the island and I have ever wished to visit the region. Is the island frequented by tourists or researchers? I think that there must be cruise ships which take visitors there.

2. Corzhens

Corzhens Active Member

Just with the mention of the name Snake Island, we can be sure that there are snakes there. I have read an article about Brazil in relation to Rio Olympics and Snake Island was mentioned as an adventure paradise because it is mainly composed of forest and rocky hills. So maybe if you are a mountain climber then you will enjoy the place because of the nature trip that it can provide. I just don't know if there are restaurants or accommodations because the article did not elaborate on the details of the Snake Island.

3. No, I have never had the chance to visit the Snake Island in question. However, I have visited the Snake Temple in Penang many times. It's full of snakes. There are snakes on the tables. There are snakes under the tables. There are even snakes on the rafters. However, all the snakes are sort of like in a dreamlike state. It's possible that the smoke of the joss sticks burned in the temple made them drowsy. Here's a picture inside the Snake Temple.

gQvagTb.

4. Miya

Miya Active Member

I'm going to assume that this island has a lot of snakes.... which in that case, I'm not interested in at all. I'm terrified of snakes, especially wild ones. I can see it being a good place for those who love going outdoors, but that person isn't me XD

5. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

Ha, me too! Snakes and most reptiles scare me, my other massive fear is mice/rodents! So any islands dedicated to those animals are definitely not something I want to see!

I do want to see the cat island and the rabbit island in Japan, though - they seem much more up my alley than snakes!!

6. Valentino

Valentino Member

Snake Island is off-limits to everyone. The Brazilian government prohibits it. No Cruise ship, for that reason, would go near the Island.

Even if there was no ban, it would be the last place I'd want to be in. There are snakes everywhere. And once you landed on the Island unless you were in one of those fancy space suits, you'd be dead by the end of that day because there are snakes on that Island whose venom can melt flesh. Scary, huh?

7. Miya

Miya Active Member

Same! I'm interested in the cat and rabbit island, but I'll pass on the snakes.

That's actually reassuring to hear. I bet the snakes don't want to be bothered either.