1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Top beaches in Australia?

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Rubie, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Rubie

Rubie Member

What is the best spotted beach in Australia that is best for relaxation. I have read some list of beaches there and they quite lot of listed beaches. Anyone from Australia that recommmend a best beach to relax?

2. Future_Martian

Future_Martian New Member

Lake Hillier would be my choice because you can explore 2 different worlds. First you thing you can enjoy is a typical sandy beach with blue waters. Yes it is typical but it is one of the 2 experiences you will enjoy in one place. The next experience will make you feel like you are in a planet far away. The Lake Hillier is a salt water lake with crystal clear pink waters! Yes the water of the lake is Pink. So you have the average beach and a Pink watered lake. Swimming in a lake with Pink water is an experience like no other. The Pink waters might be a strange view but it is very stunning.

3. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

I think the first beach we hear of as tourists for Australia is Bondi Beach, but when I went there it was packed - definitely more a touristy beach than one for relaxation.

I stayed in Cairns for a while, just north of there in a place called Palm Cove. The beaches look beautiful and very tropical, but you can't swim in the water because of jellyfish and even crocodiles getting into the water...so all the resorts there have nice swimming pools. You can still lay on the beach and soak up the ambience and it's relaxing, but I just wouldn't go swimming!

4. Catchmeifyoucan

Catchmeifyoucan New Member

I've been to Bondi. It was pretty cool. I remember they had a mini vert ramp on the beach and people were skating it. The shark nets off the shore are a little disconcerting. I also went to Manly on that trip. Both beaches seemed pretty popular.

5. Coco

Coco Active Member

Hi! Here's a few of the best beaches in Australia:
    • Cottesloe Beach in Perth.
    cottesloe-beach-perth-western-australia-.

Clear and blue waters, with white sand, what more can you ask for? It's a popular tourist destination for visitors as well as the locals so you better be prepared for that. But overall, it's a great beach destination especially on a particularly sunny day.
    • Coral Bay in Western Australia.
    coral_bay.

A great place for snorkelling and diving. Just hanging around and basking in the beauty of the beach is great too.
    • Sandy Bay in Exmouth.
    Australia_exmouth_sandy_bay.

Another great destination because of its white sands and turquoise waters. It's particularly good for kids because the water is shallow enough for them to enjoy.​
    • Noosa Main Beach in Sunshine Coast.
    noosa%20main%20beach%20holiday%20fun.

Again, fine and pure white sand with blue water... It's every beach lover's dream. It is also rich in marine life, a good thing when snorkelling or going diving. There's also a specific area mainly for surfers. But all in all, this is a great place for families, group of friends or even solo travellers.
    I hope this helps! Australia has a lot of beautiful beaches actually and you won't find a shortage of them. But these are the best beaches, at least for me, for relaxing and just enjoying your vacation. Good luck!

amelia88 likes this.
  6. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

@Coco - wow!! That one in Perth, Cottesloe Beach looks AMAZING! I had been wondering if it would be worthwhile to visit Perth if I end up making it back to Australia, but I think you may have just sealed it for me! How beautiful!

7. Corzhens

Corzhens Active Member

Australia never fails to amaze me. Aside the unique animals like kangaroo and platypus now comes a pink lake that has salt water too. But I wonder why the water is colored pink in that Lake Hillier. Obviously the pink lake water is a strange thing and worthy of a selfie because I'm sure my friends would be asking about it. Maybe I can add that lake to our itinerary when we concretize our plan of going to Australia.

8. maxen57

maxen57 Member

It's been said that the water was affected by some type of bacteria. It will remain the same color even if you take it out of the lake but so far, color is the only thing that's different about it. Anyone can still swim in it even though the water is almost as salty as the Dead Sea. There are also fish living in the pink lake.