1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Travelling To Italy

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Francis, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Francis

Francis New Member

What do you like most about Italy? I like the Italian food and their red wine. I also like their architectural work which is recommended worldwide.

2. reverserewind

reverserewind Member

Oh, so many things actually. Italy is not much of a big country yet it's pretty spectacular. No doubt, absolutely. The North is so different from the South. There's no cold weather in the South, probably. It's usually super hot / warm.

Milan - Duomo and many other cool places to be
    Firenze - Palazzo Vecchio, the city square and so on
    Venezia - no introductions needed
    Rome - again, no intros
    Napoli - very hot and beautiful
    Sicily - so hoooot

So, feel free to ask more questions. I've been studying Italy and the Italian language since 2013.

3. Ava

Ava Member

I've lived and traveled in Italy, and the food is excellent, history is rich, clothes and leather goods are stylish and great value, and the beaches are wonderful. There are many different islands too that you can visit. Many people use the train to get around, but now there is a Mega Bus service too.

The best time to go is when it's low season or towards the end of the season because there are many queues for places, plus hotels and hostels get booked up months in advance. I studied Italian history for my degree, so for me the buildings, bridges, and art is what I love the most. One thing I had to get used to was the long lunch break which is a few hours, and many places will close promptly and not open up again until 3.30 p.m. at the earliest.

4. Corzhens

Corzhens Active Member

I haven't been to Europe yet but speaking of Italy, the first thing that comes to my mind is Rome, particularly the Vatican City. As a Catholic, it is a great deal to visit the Vatican. Next is the pasta and not to forget the pizza. Maybe eating those 2 food will be enough to feel the reality of Italy. I'm not a capricious person but I want to experience riding in a gondola in the rivers of Venice. How I love to hear the gondolier singing a love song and I with my husband. It's funny but that desire is true, no joke.

5. adamgilcristt

adamgilcristt New Member

I must say that the whole Italy is a most beautiful country which has so many amazing things to do for the travelers or visitors. In this country, there are several historical and beautiful things to explore such as Rome for the Colosseum and iconic art, Venice for carnivals & canals, Florence for Renaissance art, and Pisa for a Tuscan home of the leaning tower etc.

6. joselcollin

joselcollin Guest

I like the vatican city in italy. But my most favorite place is in India. Many different cultures are there, I visited rajasthan at last year it was a very learning and interesting toor for me. Thinking about go again.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2018