1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trekking Adventure

Discussion in 'Australia' started by maxen57, May 14, 2016.

1. maxen57

maxen57 Member

Trekking is something I've always wanted to do if I had the means to just pack up and leave and if I have a group of like-minded people with me looking for the same adventure. I'm currently on a fat loss journey right now and if I'm going to travel, I'd like to be able to do something not only will enable me to enjoy the local scenery but also do something healthy at the same time. Then I would end that adventure with camping and just marveling at the stars at night, looking forward to my next adventure. I'd be outdoors all day, basking in the glory of nature because it's a change from all of what I have right now.

2. Corzhens

Corzhens Active Member

I'm too old for trekking but I would be amenable for a trip to a trekking site with my nephew and nieces. Those young people are hungry for adventure and we usually go places just for that (although I am always just a watcher, together with my husband). Even in theme parks, they enjoy the roller coaster all the time which I avoid. We actually have a cancelled trip to Taal Volcano for trekking up the crater. They say it's a sight to behold to see the lake within the lake. But we did not push through because of the bad weather. If ever, maybe I can still reach the summit if given 2 hours to climb.

3. Coco

Coco Active Member

There's certainly about trekking that is satisfactory and enjoyable. Once you have reached the top of the mountain, you would realise that all that hiking was worth it. Since we're in the Australia thread, I figured that I would share some of the best trekking sites in there. Here they are:
    • Larapinta Trail in Northern Territory:
    LarapintaTitle.

The journey to get to the top of this trail is well worth it. In fact, I would say that even just being able to trek this is already enough to mesmerise you. There's lots of drool-worthy photographs you can take even without reaching the top of the trail. I'd still advice you to continue on the top though because the view is amazing. The trail is divided into 12 sections, each can be reached for one to two days.​
    • The Overland Track in Tasmania:

There's lots to see in this trek as well, from waterfalls, to gorges and even lakes... It's not for the faint-hearted though as the trail can be difficult. Expect to reach the top in six days or more since it is a 65 km trek. However, it's all worth it once you have reached the end of the trail. ​
    • The Thorsborne Trail in Queensland:
    nina-falls-view-hinchinbrook-island.

Another great trail, you get to see pristine white beaches, lakes, rainforests and swamps. You get to see crocodiles, dugongs and dolphins too. It's definitely a trail that you won't forget. Expect to finish the trail in four days since it's a 32 km trek.
    I hope this encourages you more to get into trekking and hiking! Good luck!

4. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

I did part of the Overland Track in Tasmania! It's beautiful there - you really feel like you're in the middle of nowhere, so it's perfect if you just want to disconnect and relax for a while. Plus I didn't even get cell coverage so you're really forced to switch off! I mean look at this view though - it's breathtaking if you ask me!

Tasmania in general is just beautiful to me, and it's one of those areas of Australia that I don't think all that many tourists visit.

dovelake_by_paulmp-d8x8jyf.

5. Francis

Francis New Member

I usually like trekking because I can easily take photos of different places. I also like meeting local people to share about different traditions. Trekking is also good for my health. I don't like trekking alone but only when am travelling with friends or with my family members. To enjoy trekking, it needs one to have packed meals and juices.

6. This is something I would enjoy doing. However, the main pleasure would not be the sights. Those I can see by searching the Web. What would be a lot more interesting would be the people I would be able to meet on the way. When we fly from one destination to another and move from one hotel to another, we don't get much chance to really get to experience what's going on on the ground. Trekking makes this very possible. For me, it's what traveling for fun is all about.