1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using Vouchers

Discussion in 'Asia' started by Corzhens, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Corzhens

Corzhens Active Member

Have you used vouchers when you travel abroad? Sometimes we buy vouchers to avail of discounts. One particular voucher is the one for Disneyland Hongkong which saves us 20% (because we pay the voucher in advance). And in the entrance of the theme park, we have to submit the voucher to be changed into tickets. We have used that voucher in Disneyland Hongkong twice already. We are in the process of searching for vouchers that we can use in Universal Studio in Singapore next month.

2. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

I've never really looked into this but now I'm wishing that I would have - I feel like I could have saved a bit of money when I travel!

I do still tend to try and be a money efficient traveller, especially when it comes to booking things like flights and accommodation -- but I really need to look into what sort of vouchers are available for attractions and things like that. I have had times when I have visited attractions and they have had a tourist discount if you present your foreign passport or things like that - and that always helps save a little bit of money too! :)

3. Miya

Miya Active Member

When my family came to visit me in Japan in August, we were able to purchase a "tourist train ticket" in Hong Kong. It only cost 3,800 yen for 5 days of unlimited rides. That saved us over $800 in total. It was a great deal, but I had to do a lot of research to find out where to purchase this ticket and how to obtain, etc. The process was painful, but it was well worth it.