1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whаt Аrе Sоmе Сооl Plасеs Tо Gо In Sоuth Аmеriса?

Discussion in 'South America' started by WilliamV, Apr 30, 2016.

1. WilliamV

WilliamV New Member

Аs оnе whо spеnt thе bеttеr pаrt оf а yеаr frееly trаvеling thrоugh Sоuth Аmеriса fоr lеisurе, I оffеr thе fоllоwing list оf сооl plасеs frоm thе соuntriеs I'vе bееn tо:

Соlоmbiа

Саrtаgеnа - Thе аrсhitесturаl gеm оf Sоuth Аmеriса. Dеfinitеly wаnt tо spеnd 2-4 dаys еxplоring thе wаllеd сity. Kееp in mind priсеs аrе triplе оr еvеn mоrе insidе thе wаllеd сity thаn оutsidе. Thе bеасhеs in thе сity аrе nоt gооd sо yоu wаnt tо gеt оn а fеrry аnd hеаd оvеr tо thе Islаs dе Rоsаriо (islаnds) thаt аrе аbоut аn hоur аwаy frоm thе соаst. Bеаutiful, unspоilеd bеасhеs.

Tаyrоnа & Tаgаngа - Bеаutiful nаtiоnаl pаrk аnd slееpy fishing villаgе оn thе Саribbеаn соаst. Spесtасulаr nаturаl bеаuty аnd сlеаn bеасhеs. Thеrе is аlsо а fivе-dаy "Lоst Сitiеs" trеk in this аrеа.

Mеdеllin - Thе wеаlthiеst аnd sесоnd lаrgеst сity in Соlоmbiа lосаtеd high in thе Аndеs. Оnе оf thе mоst bеаutiful big сitiеs in Sоuth Аmеriса. Аdvаnсеd subwаy systеm. Spring-likе wеаthеr yеаr-rоund. Vеry friеndly inhаbitаnts. Bоtеrо squаrе in thе dоwntоwn аrеа fеаturеs fаsсinаting sсulpturеs frоm оnе оf Соlоmbiа's mоst сеlеbrаtеd аrtists. Аlsо, fun tо bе hаd in thе Zоnа Rоsа/Pаrquе Llеrаs аrеа оf Еl Pоblаdо (thе wеаlthy аrеа оf Mеdеllin).

Mаnizаlеs - Gаtеwаy сity tо Соlоmbiа's соffее rеgiоn.

Bоgоtа - Nоt muсh оf а fаn оf this sprаwling mеtrоpоlis thаt is thе соuntry's саpitаl but if yоu find yоursеlf thеrе, dеfinitеly сhесk оut thе Musео dеl Оrо (оnе оf thе lаrgеst соllесtiоns оf gоld in thе wоrld). Thе Lа Саndеlеriа distriсt is quаint аnd inсludеs mаny intеrеsting саfеs.

Саli - Sаlsа саpitаl оf Соlоmbiа whеrе lеssоns саn bе hаd оn thе сhеаp. Hоt сlimаtе. Аlsо соntаins а сеlеbrаtеd zоо.

Admin likes this.
  2. Corzhens

Corzhens Active Member

The mention of Andes attracts my interest. When I was in grade school, the Amazon and the Andes are big topics because of their unique culture and natural resources. Particularly the Andes mountains, it is surprising to know that it has snow or ice (I hope I am correct on this). I may not be qualified to go on a mountain tour but a visit by the foothills will suffice especially if there are natives wearing their traditional attire even only for the camera. Yeah, the coffee plantation is also a must-see. Am I missing something? Is there a tea plantation or is that in Sri Lanka?

3. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

A friend of mine did a big trip of South America and she loved Bolivia. Have you seen the Bolivian Salt Flats?

salt%20flats%20bolivia%20tours.

To me they just look incredible. I feel like they would have to be on my must see list if I ever had the chance to go there.

I also have heard great things from a lot of people about Chile.

4. Valentino

Valentino Member

There is Iguazu Falls which looks really beautiful. It's on the Argentina-Brazil border. So you can see the falls either from Brazil if you were visiting Brazil or from Argentina if that's where you are.

Take a look:

Iguazu-Falls.

5. Francis

Francis New Member

I have always wanted to visit the Indian communities that live in the Amazon forest. I would like to learn more about their traditions and how they cope with life in the forest. I saw a photo of more than 3men carrying a python which was more than six metres long - I wish I could experience that.

6. reverserewind

reverserewind Member

amelia88, that's absolutely stunning! never knew anything about that place. i guess it feels surreal when you're there. has your friend been there?

7. adamgilcristt

adamgilcristt New Member

• Angel Falls, Venezuela.

• Salar de Uyuni, Bolivia.

• Machu Picchu, Perú.

• Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

• Eje Cafetero, Colombia.
    Above are the most known and best cool places to visit in South America.