1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whаt Аrе Thе Bеst Trаvеl Hасks Tо Fly Сhеаply Tо Аustrаliа Frоm Thе Stаtеs?

Discussion in 'Australia' started by WilliamV, Apr 13, 2016.

1. WilliamV

WilliamV New Member

If yоu wish tо trаvеl есоnоmiсаl, thеn а соnsidеrаtе plаnning соuld surеly hеlp. Priоr tо hеаding оut fоr yоur trаvеl frоm US tо Аustrаliа, yоu nееd tо dесidе оn а timе оf yеаr whеn yоu wish tо trаvеl.

If pоssiblе, it is rесоmmеndеd tо trаvеl in оff sеаsоn whеn thе аirfаrе is muсh lоwеr, аnd thе priсеs оf hоtеl stаy, еtс аlsо sееm tо bе slаshеd dоwn. Trаvеlling during pеаk sеаsоn саn rеаlly соst yоu nеаrly dоublе thе аmоunt. Аlsо, thе priсе wоuld dеpеnd оn thе plасе in Аustrаliа thаt yоu wish tо visit, numbеr оf dаys оf thе stаy, kind оf hоtеl stаy yоu аspirе fоr, еtс. Sо, сhооsing а plасе in Аustrаliа thаt is fаirly есоnоmiсаl саn bе thе right аpprоасh. Аlsо, thе timе оf thе yеаr tо pursuе trаvеl shоuld bе dесidеd upоn саrеfully.

Whаt dо yоu think аbоut it?

2. Valerie

Valerie Active Member

I think traveling anywhere in the 'off season' is a great idea. However, not many people know when the 'off season' is for where they wish to go. Still, because I just learned that different regions of Australia have different weather patterns (silly that it took me this long to realize that, I know), that means different areas attract more tourists throughout the year than others. So you could go multiple times to experience all the off-seasons! So...when are these off-seasons you speak of?

To segue... It's like that here in Japan, too, actually. Certain parts of the country are nicer than others depending on the season. Most tourism happens in Tokyo around festival time--early spring and winter. Yet, Kyoto. Hiroshima and Nagasaki see people in spring and summer since a lot of attractions are outside. Obviously Hokkaido always has its business boom in the winter.

3. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

Well, I think from experience that it's always going to be cheaper flying direct. Qantas (Australia'a major airline) flies direct from Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane to Los Angeles - and back - so if you're planning on visiting those cities you're probably in luck. I think United also fly to Sydney (so you'd have to connect elsewhere) and there's also Virgin Australia which fly to the east coast of Australia from Los Angeles.

The best deals I've found for flights have been as a result of being signed up to airline or travel agent emails - they often send out things when there are great offers going on, and you can get some fantastic prices as a result!

4. Novelangel

Novelangel Member

It would definitely require a certain amount of research before I would set my destination plans, that's for sure. I would study Australia carefully online first, pick out exactly where I wanted to go, then do research on which time of the year is cheapest for that region. Then and only then would I contact my travel agent to set the plans in place. I would also definitely do research on cheapest international flying rates before-hand.

5. Coco

Coco Active Member

Hi! Here's a few tips I can give you guys so you can travel cheaply to Australia:
    • Typically, air fare in Australia is more expensive during the months of December to February. It's best to avoid these dates and go during the spring and fall seasons. This is usually from mid-April to late June.
    • Book a flight as early as a year before your trip. Look out for specific discounts on air fares, which usually happens during the month of January.
    • Consider getting an air pass, if you're going to be travelling via air a lot on the country.
    • Airlines like China Eastern, Asiana Airlines and Royal Brunei might have cheaper air fares. The flight might be a bit longer but that's the compromise you would have to take.
    I hope this helps!

6. Corzhens

Corzhens Active Member

I am in search of cheap plane tickets to Australia but until now I have been unlucky. Some of my friends were able to go on a vacation in Australia last year and that's what inspired me. However, the plane fare is so expensive and our budget (for me and my husband) is just $1,000 for everything - plane tickets and accommodation for maybe 4 to 6 days of vacation. But our itinerary would mostly be the city and we would be happy to have a trip to the outback just for the experience. Perhaps the zoo would provide us with the animals that we want to see like the kangaroo and koala.