1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whаt Аrе Thе Must-visit Plасеs Fоr Thоsе Visiting Аustrаliа Fоr Thе First Timе?

Discussion in 'Australia' started by WilliamV, Apr 13, 2016.

1. WilliamV

WilliamV New Member

If yоu wаnt аn Аustrаliаn сity еxpеriеnсе, gо tо Sydnеy. It is а bеаutiful сity оn thе hаrbоur with аn intеrеsting histоry аnd is thе mоst glаmоrоus оf Аustrаliа's urbаn сеntrеs, in bоth glitz аnd grit. Wоrld сlаss dеstinаtiоn fоr tоurists.

If yоu аrе thinking visiting nаturаl wоndеrs, а fеw dаys is а vеry shоrt timе fоr this vаst аnd mаjеstiс соntinеnt! Uluru (Аyеrs Rосk) is аn inсrеdiblе plасе tо visit. Dееply mystiсаl аnd аlsо likе visiting thе surfасе оf Mаrs. Thе widе rеd dеsеrt is truly аwе inspiring.

Аnоthеr muсh lоvеd dеstinаtiоn is thе Grеаt Осеаn Rоаd, а соаstаl rоаd bеtwееn Mеlbоurnе аnd Аdеlаidе whiсh tаkеs in mаgnifiсеnt осеаniс rосk fоrmаtiоns аnd pаssеs thrоugh mаny lоvеly соаstаl tоwns.

Grеаt Bаrriеr Rееf is а wоrld hеritаgе sitе аnd is thе wоrlds lаrgеst соrаl rееf. It is оnе оf thе 7 nаturаl wоndеrs! It is hоmе tо а divеrsе rаngе оf lifе inсluding whаlеs, dоlphins, pоrpоisеs, turtlеs, sеа snаkеs, stingrаy, shаrks аnd sаltwаtеr сrосоdilеs.

Sydnеy Hаrbоr is а nаturаl hаrbоr аnd it prоvidеs thе bасkdrоp fоr thе brеаthtаking Sydnеy Оpеrа Hоusе аnd thе Sydnеy Hаrbоr Bridgе. Аt thе Оpеrа Hоusе, yоu’vе pеrfоrmаnсеs by lосаl musiс grоups аs wеll аs fоrеign prоduсtiоns.

Kаkаdu Nаtiоnаl Pаrk is а wоrld hеritаgе sitе.Thе саvе pаintings, rосk саrvings аnd аrсhаеоlоgiсаl sitеs rесоrd thе skills аnd wаy оf living оf thе rеgiоn’s inhаbitаnts. It is а uniquе еxаmplе оf а соmplеx оf есоsystеms, inсluding tidаl flаts, flооdplаins, lоwlаnds аnd plаtеаux, аnd prоvidеs а hаbitаt fоr а widе rаngе оf rаrе оr еndеmiс spесiеs оf plаnts аnd аnimаls.

Mеlbоurnе аs а tоurist аttrасtiоn аs nо trip is оvеr withоut shоpping аnd а littlе сity lifе wоuld dо gооd . Dо gо tо thе Сhаpеl Strееt оr Grеvillе Strееt fоr sоmе сhiс сlоthеs аnd lеаthеr gооds. (Try Mеlbоurnе Сity Shоps fоr а list оf shоps аrоund Mеlbоurnе) Thе fаnсy bistrоs аnd thе dеsignеr bоutiquеs mаkе fоr а соmpеlling rеаsоn tо сhесk оut this сity.

What do you think about it?

2. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

I love the Great Ocean Road - I think it's such an awesome drive with a lot of cute coastal towns along the way. I have always been a fan of road trips when I travel and if anyone else here also likes road trips I would say it's worthwhile!

Also, if you love nature I think that one of the most awesome parts of Australia I have visited is Tasmania. It's just a beautiful landscape, very open and doesn't feel crowded at all. I think it's one of those places that tourists don't necessarily visit so to me it felt like a real Aussie experience.

Cato likes this.
  3. Valerie

Valerie Active Member

I've wanted to visit Sydney ever since I saw it in Finding Nemo.

Well, not just because of Finding Nemo. There's just so much beauty in the Outback as well as amazing culture and history. Plus, being a dancer, I follow the Australian companies quite religiously and would love to watch some of them if I ever get the chance.

Great recommendations! Definitely will be keeping this in mind.

4. Corzhens

Corzhens Active Member

Thank you for this thread. We have plans of touring Australia next year of 2017 and we are monitoring the websites of airlines for discounted tickets. What we have in mind is the outback but not a safari adventure, just to get a feel of what an outback really is. Of course, the kangaroo is part of the deal. And if possible, we also want to see strange creatures (pardon for the term) like platypus and koala. That's the agenda of my husband. For me, I am more interested in food particularly fruits and vegetables like kiwi and nuts maybe. I am ignorant of Australia and I would be needing information if and when our trip materializes.

amelia88 likes this.
  5. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

One place I got to actually hold a koala was in Cairns (far north Queensland) at the Cairns night zoo. Talk about a bucket list item being ticked off! I think certain states don't allow you to actually hold the koalas, but others do - so if that's something you really want to do, I really recommend Queensland because I was able to do it there.

They're so soft and they smell like eucalyptus leaves!

Corzhens likes this.
  6. Catchmeifyoucan

Catchmeifyoucan New Member

The Opera House was pretty cool to see and tour from what I can remember. Then we went to Taronga Zoo which was a pretty nice zoo. I wish I was able to explore on my own more. I think I'll have to take another trip some time in the next couple of years.

7. ellajanelle

ellajanelle Member

I haven't been! But I've always wanted to go. I'm really glad one of the airlines in the Philippines often offers cheap airfare promo tickets to and from Sydney. The main reason I would like to go is to study there and get my Master's degree. Australia is known for their prestigious universities, especially in the field of business, where I'm in. Apart from that, the places to see are endless!!! From there, I'd love to visit New Zealand too and try cliff diving!

8. Coco

Coco Active Member

That's a great list you have there, you have covered all the important places to go to in Australia. Aside from those places you've listed, I would love to add the following:
    • Daintree Rainforest in Queensland. This is Australia's largest rainforest, consisting of about 30% of reptile and frog species, as well as 65% of their bat and butterfly species. Aside from that, it is home to rare species of birds too. There are animal sanctuaries in here and there are also mangrove tours or even crocodile boat tours. It's a must-see for nature and animal lovers.
    • Fraser Island. This is a dream place for snorkelers and divers because of the richness of the marine life in here. The Fraser Island is known as the largest sand island in the world. It's recommended that tourists hire a 4 Wheel Drive to get around the island and explore it on their own. Perfect for thrill seekers and adventure lovers!
    • Ningaloo Reef in Western Australia. This place is best known for its whale sharks. You can actually swim with them since they're not the dangerous type of shark. But aside from that, this place is also teeming with marine life which you get to see through snorkelling or scuba diving.
    That's about it but everything you listed was spot on. My favourite out of your list would have to be the Great Barrier Reef. It is basically the largest coral reef system in the world. You get to enjoy this place through a lot of activities, scuba diving, snorkelling, sail boating... You can even sky dive! You can see turtle hatchlings or even stingrays in this place. There's tons of things to do and explore here, that's why it's a favourite of mine. I'm sure anyone will be amazed by the beauty of the Great Barrier Reef.

9. maxen57

maxen57 Member

I suppose the major tourist spots would be the best choice as an introduction to someone who has traveled to Australia for the first time. A good impression will last for the traveler and might be back for more visits to other locations this time, maybe to another part of the country. Since the locations differ, it would not hurt to ask the locals what would be a good choice to visit next. The advenure is getting to places where only a few have been to. Of course, safety should be a primary concern as well.

10. Valentino

Valentino Member

There's also the Australian war memory which everyone should visit.

While yes the purpose of the memorial is to commemorate the sacrifice of Aussie soldiers who died in war, even if you are not an Australian, you'll appreciate what your military does to keep you safe every day. That is why I think it's one place you should visit if you are in Canberra.