1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to exchange USD to AUS dollars

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Sammy, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Sammy

Sammy New Member

I will be travelling to Australia and I have some US dollars with me. I would like to get these exchanged when I land in Australia so need some advise on where I would get the best rates as I do not want to get ripped off. Do banks provide a good exchange rate?

2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Whatever you do just dont get it exchanged at the airport unless you have booked 3 days in advance with travelex etc as booking in advance has no commission and you get better rates too. You can also try UAE exchange outlets but make sure you call a few of them because their rates are not uniform for some reason. The best rates I have found till date has been with Australia post but for selling Au dollars so cannot comment what it is like when you to to sell foreign money there.

You have not mentioned where you are going in Australia else I would have posted some addresses and phone numbers to make it easier for you.