1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which province to visit in Canada?

Discussion in 'North America' started by Joey, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Joey

Joey New Member

Canada is a country I have wanted to visit for a long time now, and finally plans are coming together to make a trip to Canada, but I don't know where I should go or which province I should choose. It is a big country and every province has its own beauty and good things to see. I did come down to two places Vancouver and Toronto but now can not decide between the two.
    The flight between the two places does not really fit my budget and would mean that I need to spend more time there, so choosing both destinations is not an option. What should I do or please guide me to choose some places near by to either province.

2. Benoit W

Benoit W New Member

Thе wеst соаst is vеry bеаutiful, but it is nоt thе оnly bеаuty spоt. Thе Саnаdiаn Shiеld, whiсh еxtеnds асrоss nоrthеrn Mаnitоbа, nоrthеrn Оntаriо аnd nоrthеrn Quеbес, is gоrgеоus. It is а hugе аrеа оf grаnitе hills, оvеr а milliоn lаkеs, оnе оf thе wоrld's lаrgеst fоrеsts аnd а vаst, unspоilt wildеrnеss. Thе bеst wаy tо visit this rеgiоn is еithеr by саr, stоpping аt pаrks оr rеnting а соttаgе оn а lаkе, оr by саnое, trаvеling dоwn оnе оf thе rivеrs. But bring lоts оf mоsquitо rеpеllаnt.

3. Valerie

Valerie Active Member

Quebec and Montreal are stunning. As well as anywhere near the Great Lakes. Another place you might want to see is definitely Vancouver. The city's architecture alone makes it a great photo-stop; but there's also museums and fine arts, amazing dining, and so much energy. Really, you can't go wrong with Canada.

4. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Active Member

I have been planning on a visit to Canada for a while now.. and quite frankly I ran into the exact same problem. Vancouver seems absolutely amazing but so does the east coast... I still haven't made up my mind. What I do prefer about the east coast is that it's all quite close together. You can easily visit Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City and some smaller places during the same trip.

5. Catchmeifyoucan

Catchmeifyoucan New Member

From what I hear the most beautiful is British Columbia. Nestled next to mountains, and on the coast the forests and the bay make for beautiful scenery. I have family in Ontario. They live in Toronto, but that's moreover the big city vibe.

6. pwarbi

pwarbi Member

I"ve only ever been to Toronto, and while it's a beautiful city and I would definitely recommend that people should visit at least once, I did get the impression that it was more the tourist side of Canada.

I think if you want to experience the real Canada, then there are probably better cities to visit, depending on what you want to do of course.

7. Corzhens

Corzhens Active Member

We have friends in Vancouver and my husband's nephew is also there. However, I didn't know that before you can get a visa for Canada, you need to secure a US visa first. It was told to me by a travel agent when I inquired about Canadian visa a long time ago. I'm not sure if that policy had changed by now. But anyway, although there are standing invitations, we have no plans of visiting Canada soon due to budgetary constraints. But if we would have plans, it would definitely be Vancouver which they say is a very cold place, that they use shovel to clear up the snow.

Since it is a hot summer we are having here in the Philippines, it's nice to imagine I am in Vancouver now.

8. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

I have a friend right now who is doing a working vacation in Vancouver, and absolutely loves it there - so much so that he is sad at the thought of coming back home! To me it seems just beautiful there - an exciting city, beautiful nature - two of the things I love the most when visiting a new place!

Although it's always been on my dream list to visit Lake Louise in Alberta province - it seriously takes my breath away in pictures so I can only imagine what it would be like visiting there in person!

9. Novelangel

Novelangel Member

I haven't been to Canada since I was a child, but it would be interesting to go again someday. I think my family pretty much visited Toronto and Ontario and that was it. I remember an African Lion Safari, and a park called "Ontario Place", but sadly, I suspect that both of those parks are now closed. We also saw Casa Loma, which was gorgeous, and a Ripley's Believe it or Not Wax Museum. Those places were a lot of fun at the time, but I have no idea what the best places to visit for good scenic views would be. My best advice-- search YouTube for scenic drives through the different provinces. That may help you to choose.

10. maxen57

maxen57 Member

I have relatives in Vancouver and maybe if I get the chance, I would like to visit the parks and museums that would represent the culture in Canada. Being surrounded by mountains, this would also be a good place for trekking. Joining my cousin for a fun run would also be great as well as sampling the local cuisine. The VanDusen Botanical Garden would be nice to visit as well as Science World where I know my son would have a thrill visiting because of interactive exhibits.

anthoedi likes this.
  11. anthoedi

anthoedi New Member

I would like to know Vancouver. I've seen photographs, see it's very cute.

12. Norjak71

Norjak71 New Member

Vancouver is great I've been a few times, the people are extremely friendly and the landscape is beautiful. One thing I love about Vancouver is they are always shooting movies there. When I went the last time about a decade ago Edward Norton was shooting a film there but security had it blocked off so we couldn't see much. Vancouver is the place to go if you ever get a chance.

13. adamgilcristt

adamgilcristt New Member

If I get chance to visit Canada then I would definitely want to visit Vancouver. I have heard a lot of good things about this Canadian province. Overall, I love many provinces of this country and wanna explore it more.